Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the PRO reviews and ads?
Number one Qobuz does not work everywere......

If you use Tidal and have a large library of your own music Roon is to me the easiest thing to use and there are many that will pay $500 for that......

If you use HQ Player that in my mind is the best thing to do upsampling on both PCM and DSD you really want a DAC that can do more than 24/192 or DSD 64.

Just have to see that we all have different ways of using our systems. And seeing higher rates in the future for streaming I dont think that will happen as most of the users happily uses Spotify with 320kbps and to them hifi quality is around the corner. The market for high-res streaming is so little I think that it will be hard for it to live.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

@Rama 24/192 streaming in your dreams. Most if not all future streaming will be MQA. Devialet wants £12000 for technology that is more 2014 than 2017. And then let's look at the streaming board...where is it??? It was supposed to be released around March. Wasn't that promised when we were all queuing up for our "Export Pro Plus"...or whatever. World domination...by being stuck to 24/192 and broken software. Consumer are not walking dead...or Zombies who like shiny objects. When I pay £12000 I want a bloody good reason for not delivering on your promises. And just in case someone from Devialet is reading...your streamer board better delivery the performance or you will see a lot Devialet listing on EBay.
(30-Mar-2017, 02:16)Rama Wrote: To be honest I find the lack of native DSD playback on Devialet as a non-issue from a factual point of view. Of course there will always be marketing hype and the numbers game (first it was 16/44 then 24/48...24/96...24/192... DSD 64.. DSD 128.. DSD 256..DSD 512.....).
It cannot imagine downloading a 4-5GB DSD 512 album...just dont have the time, even 24/192 is like 1-1.5GB which is a 20-25 min download on my 10 Mb/sec connection.   

Next the issue of availability or lack there of DSD titles. Most of these purported DSD titles are just PCM based masters now being sold off as DSD in the first place. I saw Dire Straits Brothers in Arms as a DSD when its well know that it was originally recorded as PCM. So all we are getting is a large bag of crisps with mostly air inside when it comes to DSD in my opinion.

However the titles that are being produced as native DSD are mostly for audiophiles. The top ten Albums on Tidal are not coming out on DSD, it will be most probably in native PCM format at around 16/44 or 24/48. 

As for the lack of Roon, come on guys who wants to pay $500 on metadata. Have you seen the new Qobuz desktop application it is wonderful and full of metadata just like Roon. What we need is 24/192 internet streaming and not MQA, as most people in the western hemisphere have enough bandwidth.

I think higher streaming rates are more about upsampling. A huge contingent think it makes a positive difference, but Devialet users can't really tell because of the limitations of the inputs and internal processing architecture of the Devialet - which doesnt seem to have been fundamentally updated since the original D-Premier.

I think Roon's a bit more than metadata, but it's great if the new Qobuz suits your needs especially as it's free!
I had a quick look, and it seemed a lot better than the previous version.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(30-Mar-2017, 09:32)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I had a quick look, and it seemed a lot better than the previous version.

oooh I say!!! Just looked myself, looks jolly nice!!  Big Grin

Now, in an ideal world, I'd like this to be my interface to my Devialet. Will the new streamer board deliver?! Tongue  

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I bet my bottom Rupee that Qobuz got help from the brilliant Indian programmers. And maybe who knows Devialet might just be doing the same. I can just imagine an Indo-French software development team sitting together having some chicken tikka masala with champagne.
(30-Mar-2017, 12:14)Rama Wrote: I bet my bottom Rupee that Qobuz got help from the brilliant Indian programmers. And maybe who knows Devialet might just be doing the same. I can just imagine an Indo-French software development team sitting together having some chicken tikka masala with champagne.

Butter chicken! The French love their butter  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Mar-2017, 12:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Mar-2017, 12:14)Rama Wrote: I bet my bottom Rupee that Qobuz got help from the brilliant Indian programmers. And maybe who knows Devialet might just be doing the same. I can just imagine an Indo-French software development team sitting together having some chicken tikka masala with champagne.

Now what did we say about national stereotyping?!  Big Grin Big Grin

You Dutch can't help yourselves...!!  Tongue Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Mar-2017, 12:24)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Mar-2017, 12:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Now what did we say about national stereotyping?!  Big Grin Big Grin  

You Dutch can't help yourselves...!!  Tongue Big Grin  

Guillaume

Sorry, that was the Aussie coming out in me...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Mar-2017, 08:49)Devialetuser Wrote: And then let's look at the streaming board...where is it??? It was supposed to be released around March. Wasn't that promised when we were all queuing up for our "Export Pro Plus"...or whatever.

Was it was ever promised in March?  I think any written statements from Devialet have only ever indicated 2017.  There was some vague talk of summer 2017, but nothing promised as far as I recall.

EDIT:  Q3 2017 was mentioned last summer:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3145&page=8

"Devialet will finish development of the new streaming board (uPNP, DNLA, others to be confirmed) estimated by Q2 2017 and start fitting it in Q3 2017. This is when they will update the Od’A power supply and thermal management system so that the process requires the Od’A to go back to Paris once only, because of its very delicate casework finishes. The upgrade will be free."   The General
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
But jokes apart...@Devialetuser you seem to be very angry with Devialet. I hope Devialet listen to you and fall in line, otherwise we are all doomed.