Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the PRO reviews and ads?
(30-Mar-2017, 08:49)Devialetuser Wrote: @Rama 24/192 streaming in your dreams. Most if not all future streaming will be MQA. Devialet wants £12000 for technology that is more 2014 than 2017. And then let's look at the streaming board...where is it??? It was supposed to be released around March. Wasn't that promised when we were all queuing up for our "Export Pro Plus"...or whatever. World domination...by being stuck to 24/192 and broken software. Consumer are not walking dead...or Zombies who like shiny objects. When I pay £12000 I want a bloody good reason for not delivering on your promises. And just in case someone from Devialet is reading...your streamer board better delivery the performance or you will see a lot Devialet listing on EBay.

"your streamer board better delivery the performance or you will see a lot Devialet listing on EBay" I guess I'll be the lucky one. Love the second hand market.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
This thread is almost a year old now, but I have to say that over that last year I cannot recall seeing an advertisement for the Devialet Expert Pro, until last night that is.

In this months (February?) edition of Hifi News and Record Review features a two page advert for the Pro, featuring a lovely cut-away picture of the copper base and innards, text about SAM, RAM and yes, even Core Infinity. The second page is a dealer listing. There was some speculation that Devialet were going a little quiet with show attendances, advertising etc., waiting quietly until the new Devialet OS Board was established. Maybe just now they are confident to re-emerge into the spot light?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(16-Jan-2018, 15:13)Confused Wrote: This thread is almost a year old now, but I have to say that over that last year I cannot recall seeing an advertisement for the Devialet Expert Pro, until last night that is.

In this months (February?) edition of Hifi News and Record Review features a two page advert for the Pro, featuring a lovely cut-away picture of the copper base and innards, text about SAM, RAM and yes, even Core Infinity.  The second page is a dealer listing.  There was some speculation that Devialet were going a little quiet with show attendances, advertising etc., waiting quietly until the new Devialet OS Board was established.  Maybe just now they are confident to re-emerge into the spot light?

Devialet have been advertising in Hifi Plus. Just checked the December and January issues, they're in there.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
They’ve had full page adverts for the Pro series in most of the rags for some time now.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I get the sense that Quentin Sannie and the management team are in this to make the best hi-fi they can, but to please the investors they have to promote the Phantoms. Phantoms, and embedded adh technology (eg in the Sky sound box etc) is what's going to justify all the investment, but - in the same way car companies maintain a Formula 1 team* - there is still an interest in leading edge development.

*Disclaimer - I know bugger all about F1.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
The Sky sound box does not use ADH, just Class D, apparently. They strike me as a company who have great, eye-catching ideas, but consistently fail to make products that live up to the marketing hype, either because it costs too much to do so, or because they simply don't have the ability.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I think Devialet has not lost so much interest in the pro series but have postponed the marketing campaign for PRO/CI -board after the quite desasterous „launch“ in November.
I remember the CEO‘s letter in November with a couple of announcements which didn’t happen in time including a press release in late Nov., which is still pending.
Now they seem to have become more realistic, work feverishly to improve the software and simultaneously start the advertisement campaign, maybe in order to prepare some reviews. I assume the official press release will come not before we have a first official CI software.
All together, after loosing the christmas buisness they seem to have gone back to work and to be more prudent regarding announcements and scedules. And hopefully they replaced some heads in their software development team...
220 PRO/CI, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II, FritzBox 7590, Audirvana via USB, Tidal Hifi, - South Germany
is there going to be another series after the Pro, with updated Dac etc, does anyone know?
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I started this thread in March 2017 and since then we saw very few activities from Devialet. At least the expert PRO now is slightly more prominently placed on the Devialet homepage.

But now after the launch of the CI board with official software and the 210 PRO being delivered to the dealers I really wonder when we will see the first reviews at least for the 210.
220 PRO/CI, Martin Logan Montis, HMS Gran Finale MK II, FritzBox 7590, Audirvana via USB, Tidal Hifi, - South Germany
We all have to wait for the saison sep. - dec.