Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.0.8.10
There is a new version of Spark available for all platforms.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
I wonder what this version doesn't sort out :-)
Better UI and independent volume control if you use the same source in different rooms. Also showing where the source is connected if you are connected via toslink. Unfortunately no landscape mode, EQ, gapless playback or information about the resolution of what you are playing. Can't have it all.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Apr-2017, 20:15)ragwo Wrote: Better UI and independent volume control if you use the same source in different rooms. Also showing where the source is connected if you are connected via toslink. Unfortunately no landscape mode, EQ, gapless playback or information about the resolution of what you are playing. Can't have it all.

I guess most of those changes you mentioned would require a firmware update to the speakers. 

This update seem to be a IOS update only? 

Hopefully we get a new firmware update soon.
Windows version available via Devialet website. One improvement for me is display scaling. My laptop has a QHD resolution screen. previously Spark would't scale properly and had strange font sizes etc. Now it all presents the way it should.....
What a nice surprise! After version 1.1.4 seperate volume control of different rooms had been removed on IOS and Android versions. Now, it's back again, hopefully forever. This is an important feature for all those that have multiple Phantoms. Now you can configure two Phantoms for left and right in different rooms and like this control left-right balance or as I use it in my case have a rear Phantom that you can add to your stereo setup with the right volume. Adding an album to the playqueue became more complicated, though. On more click is needed as the default is now play and not add to queue. Remove a track from queue still need to be done through the menu instead of directly on the album image like on the Win and MacOS versions. Haven't seen the new MacOS version yet. Maybe now this feature is gone when all versions are unified.
This update is a complete disaster. Spark has lost all functionality, stops in the middle of songs, playlists are a non-starter. Love the sound, but would never recommend the system to a friend. Too many headaches for the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The update broke Qobuz for me. It logged me out and now when I try to log in it says "An error has occured". No further info.
(07-Apr-2017, 04:18)Eggman Wrote: This update is a complete disaster. Spark has lost all functionality, stops in the middle of songs, playlists are a non-starter. Love the sound, but would never recommend the system to a friend. Too many headaches for the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange, try a full factory reset. I have no trouble at all. 

(07-Apr-2017, 12:20)mvrlondon Wrote: The update broke Qobuz for me.  It logged me out and now when I try to log in it says "An error has occured".  No further info.
Have you tried a full factory reset or just a new setup procedure?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Finally, it's been optimized for iPhone 6 and 7 Plus