Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No show on the Munich show??
(08-Apr-2017, 15:18)brit Wrote:
(08-Apr-2017, 14:26)Cylob Wrote: They are still working frantically on that 2016 munich update they've promised.
Prolly ready in time for munich 2018!

Ever the optimist Smile

Haha! ok, 2019 then... Big Grin
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Probably they do not want to face so many unhappy D owners. They ripped off on the upgrade . D-120 owners paid the same for upgrade as D-200.After the upgrade I have noticed many units on the used market in Canada. I bought mine 7 months ago already lost 50% in value less than a year.. Used D-200 are selling for $5000 CAD($3700 USD), D-220 pro selling for $8000 CAD ($5900 USD) in canada. Lot of lesser known brands will rock at the Munich show. Some of them 1/4 the price of Devialet but comparable in performance, better DAC and streamers. By the time they get ready for 2018 Munich show they would do couple more upgrades with 'price tag'. Not interested in any further upgrades, save the money and invest on other system.
(12-Apr-2017, 04:39)vishu Wrote: Probably they do not want to face so many unhappy D owners. They ripped off on the upgrade . D-120 owners paid the same for upgrade as D-200.After the upgrade I have noticed many units on the used market in Canada. I bought mine 7 months ago already lost 50% in value less than a year.. Used D-200 are selling for $5000 CAD($3700 USD), D-220 pro selling for $8000 CAD ($5900 USD) in canada. Lot of lesser known brands will rock at the Munich show. Some of them 1/4 the price of Devialet but comparable in performance, better DAC and streamers. By the time they get ready for 2018 Munich show they would do couple more upgrades with 'price tag'. Not interested in any further upgrades, save the money and invest on other system.

Interesting , I'm looking to replace my devialet for some time now but somehow can't find anything better for less than $70k or even more
I wonder what cost less and sound better
I thought such trade shows were mainly for manufacturers to introduce new products to their distributors. As Devialet can do that better at their own flagship stores, and have no new products (that we know of), attendance would seem to be pointless.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
No, not at all. The one in Munich is not a trade show. It's a consumer show. It's mainly for audiophiles and many thousands of people are going from all over Europe, including myself. It's surely the second biggest event in Munich every year.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
They want to be the "Queen" of any event, and this is a very critical moment for them.
Maybe they´re preparing something to make blow the trumpets again, making all around talking about them. They like that way...
What abaout a devialet dinner downtown Munich during the show?
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(17-Apr-2017, 14:11)ssfas Wrote: I thought such trade shows were mainly for manufacturers to introduce new products to their distributors. As Devialet can do that better at their own flagship stores, and have no new products (that we know of), attendance would seem to be pointless.

Munich show has trade day on Thursday, only distributers, journalists, shops and so on are there that day and then Friday to Sunday it is open for the public to come. Last year almost 20,000 people came to the show.

Munich is perhaps the most imortant show in the world right now.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...tatistics/
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(18-Apr-2017, 11:32)Mka Wrote: What abaout a devialet dinner downtown Munich during the show?

Absolutely and that was the purpose of IanG-UK's original post:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...4#pid58074

I believe Ian has been coordinating things (at Munich) so I will ask him to contact you to discuss.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks. Only been to three audio shows in the last 35 years. The systems that impressed me were more to do with their being in good listening spaces. The pictures from 2016 look impressive. Vast numbers of turntables.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.