Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator and SAM question
A simple question:

I just configured my D200 to utilize SAM for my speaker.

Configurator only sets up a text file and the file is like 21kb so very small.

Does Configurator tell the 200 to download the SAM for my speakers from the internet? That's my guess.
The file for SAM has to be waaaayyy larger than 21kb.
(10-Apr-2017, 15:23)Mr_Bill Wrote: ...
The file for SAM has to be waaaayyy larger than 21kb.

Why?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-Apr-2017, 15:23)Mr_Bill Wrote: A simple question:

I just configured my D200 to utilize SAM for my speaker.

Configurator only sets up a text file and the file is like 21kb so very small.

Does Configurator tell the 200 to download the SAM for my speakers from the internet?  That's my guess.

I'm pretty sure the information to set up SAM is all contained within the configuration file.
Warwickshire, UK
Have you actually installed the config file in your amp? The size of the file is what it is; mine is about 20 kb and that handles all the options i've selected. Just follow through with the config procedure and let the amp do its thing. 21 kb will do the job.

I've never heard any suggestion or information that the amp downloads anything from the internet.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I have installed the file in the 200.

I just assumed that a file that changes the speaker amplitude, time and phase correction would be much larger than 22kb!
Isn't the standard config file without SAM roughly the same size?

Maybe I am assuming wrong then?
Hope I wasn't overly blunt...  The configuration file contains the parameters used by the DSP to implement the SAM correction.  The DSP code itself may be larger than 22 KB but the parameters don't need to be.  In fact I think you can see them in the SAM_CONFIG section of the configuration file.
Warwickshire, UK
no problem Ian, I appreciate your help,
I learn something new every day!
I also believe that with no SAM configured the parameters are still in the config file but just set to 0 so that explains why a config file with or without SAM doesn't differ that much
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands