Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator Question
My next question to the smart helpful DevChat community regarding using my D200:

My SD card has a number of different files on it and also a System Volume Information folder (whatever that is).

I created my new config text file and downloaded it on to the SD card in the right place but also mistakenly downloaded copies of the config file into the System Volume Information Folder. Is this a problem? What files need to be on the SD Card? Just the config and I can wipe all the rest??
(10-Apr-2017, 18:42)Mr_Bill Wrote: My next question to the smart helpful DevChat community regarding using my D200:

My SD card has a number of different files on it and also a System Volume Information folder (whatever that is).

I created my new config text file and downloaded it on to the SD card in the right place but also mistakenly downloaded copies of the config file into the System Volume Information Folder.  Is this a problem?  What files need to be on the SD Card?  Just the config and I can wipe all the rest??

Hi, look at the link! Maybe he will help.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Devialet
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Mr B
It is very important that the SD card be clean and empty each time you put a new config file on it. When you use it to put a new config into the amp, some files, or bits of code or whatever it is, remain on the card. So, then you must move those bits to the trash and empty it-- very important. Then you can load a new config to the card and update the amp settings.

Somewhere on here is a thread about a link to a site that does complete, correct formatting of SD cards. I've never had grief just doing it the simple normal way on the iMac, but some have had problems. Just make sure that you delete everything on the card and then empty the trash/ recycle bin before you put a new config on it.

And you're off to the races, as they say....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
K4680 - that was a good link on firmware update.
My firmware is good and am working on config software.

Damon - on a configuration software download - I should only have 1 file on the SD card? Just the new config file?

If so I will delete everything on card and re download just the new config file.
That is right, empty the SD card so nothing is on it and download the file and place it on the SD card. It is one .txt file that is named dp_cfg if you dont change the name.

When you load it in the amp sometimes you need to reset the amp by pushing the powerbutton for I think it is 5 seconds or just pull the powercord to relode the configuration.

When you upload a new firmware you do it the same way as a configuration, just place the firmaware on the SD card and load it in the amp and do a reset.

But the always start with a empty SD card or the amp will go bananas if the files are not correct.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thanks all, I reformatted the file to FAT and that deleted all files on the SD Card. I then copied the new config file so it is the only file on the SD Card (except for the System Volume Information folder which I can't delete).

I read up on the System Volume Information folder and apparently it's a hidden file normally, I tried again to delete but not deletable.
I'm not sure I'm quite following the System volume information thing, but in my experience, opening the SD card on your computer, selecting everything and deleting it, and then emptying the trash will do the job. I never had to restart the amp for a config change. Just plugging the card in was all that was required for the amp to upload the new config.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
yep, no matter how many times I reformatted or tried to delete, that System Volume Information folder remained. I googled it after to learn more.
Are you able to use the SD to change configurations? If so, then I would suggest to ignore the system volume thing. As far as I know, everyone who reported problems with the SD card was able to resolve it by formatting the card, which completely erased it. That said, some information must remain on the card, even just to identify it's format ... format.

As I mentioned, I never had to reboot the amp to get the new configuration to be installed, but perhaps that is necessary. Electrical stuff often likes to have a complete brain-cleanse by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds or so. Just a thought.
Damon
Vancouver, Canada
I did a hard reset as I changed power outlets last night and the unit booted up nicely. The SD card works A-ok with configs too. Worked before with all the extras on the card and still works good with the cleansing (but including the nefarious System Volume Information).