Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of used OdA / 1000 pro
(13-Apr-2017, 13:37)Dr Tone Wrote: You O'dA is a cruel unfortunate set of events. Waiting to upgrade it is an option but that said I had basically zero interest at 60% of purchase price on my Pro.  I don't think that would improve much if I had to drop the price to 50%.

Then I remembered the upgrade is free for O'dA which is good.

You mean 60% of the retail price?  I am fairly sure Devialet's can be purchased new at a reasonable discount to retail price these days.  This may vary between a lot between countries of course, and I have no idea regarding the market outside of Europe.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(13-Apr-2017, 14:39)Confused Wrote:
(13-Apr-2017, 13:37)Dr Tone Wrote: You O'dA is a cruel unfortunate set of events. Waiting to upgrade it is an option but that said I had basically zero interest at 60% of purchase price on my Pro.  I don't think that would improve much if I had to drop the price to 50%.

You mean 60% of the retail price?  I am fairly sure Devialet's can be purchased new at a reasonable discount to retail price these days.  This may vary between a lot between countries of course, and I have no idea regarding the market outside of Europe.

Price I have to pay new in Canada.  There are no discounts here which is probably related to volume.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(13-Apr-2017, 14:39)Confused Wrote:

When I bought my 200 and 200 Companion I got good deals on them that was in 2014 and 2015 but today my dealer says there is not so much to do on the prices on Devialet as he gets much less discount from the distributor.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-Apr-2017, 11:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: Bringing out the 1000 PRO so soon after the O d'A was a mistake in my opinion. 

Even with the timing as it was, it didn't have to be a bad situation though.  There were loads of options open to Devialet to keep happy those people who'd just paid a big chunk of money for their ultimate limited edition model:
  • Offer a '1st in line free upgrades for life' scheme.  I know it might sound crazy, but there are only 100 of them and they could have remained the flagship forever for their top customers.  Could have restricted it to original buyers or something, and even added in prototype hardware when available.  
  • Upgraded them to 1000Pro before that model was even released.
  • Somehow upped the spec of the odA through firmware, or restricted the 1000Pro spec, so the odA was 'better'
  • Offered odA buyers their money back, or the chance to swap to a 1000Pro straight away at a discount.

I'm just thinking aloud, I'm sure they could have come up with something.

Used price wise, Devialet seems quite low now in general.  200's like mine were worth very little after the upgrade was announced, so I thought the 250Pro upgrade route would be better - but I see they are starting to appear reasonably priced second-hand.  

I also read more and more people with concerns about Phantom being unrepairable.  OK, a different system but it probably gets people thinking about whether its a good idea to have an expensive box made by a company that makes throw away products - especially when you add into the mix their announcement that essentially says they aren't going for high-end audio any more.  I mean, if Devialet stop supporting those amps and they develop a fault, there's not going to be a hope of getting them fixed elsewhere unless its a really obvious one.  And the 'constant evolution by firmware updates' seems to be a thing of the past, as is customer satisfaction it seems.

So sorry to hear about the resale, but its kind of the same for the rest of us, albeit involving less money.

In terms of selling an OdA - Its almost definitely worth waiting for the upgrade and the streamer board, at least then it's reached its full potential. Whether there would be buyers ready to hand over more than 16K I've no idea, but it would unlikely be less, and the upgrade's free. But sometimes waiting isn't a choice and then its a tricky one.

Once again, Devialet really showed us how not to do something.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

sold for 15k now
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(14-Apr-2017, 00:10)Mka Wrote: sold for 15k now

Well, at least you can buy some new toys and try and forget about it! Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Apr-2017, 00:17)ÖHifi_swlon Wrote:

Already done -Smile and reflected in my signature
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(14-Apr-2017, 00:33)Mka Wrote:
(14-Apr-2017, 00:17)ÖHifi_swlon Wrote:

Already done -Smile and reflected in my signature

Excellent, at least you have closure on the issue now.  (Plus someone out there has got a very good buy all things considered). Make sure you check in and let us know how you spend all that lovely cash! Also, we do know that you are bit of an expert with respect to equipment comparisons, so it would be fascinating to read you views on anything you try or buy.  Good luck looking and listening!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
15k...How much were they going for in Euro when new?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
OT Warning: Already bought a pass Labs xp30 & XP25 combination.. Not done with the poweramp but for the interim I pulled out my pair of Bryston B28sst2 out of the storage.
I won't do any comparison to my D1000pro because I do not have rime for extensive blind testing. Without it, my new rig must be better due to psycho acoustics -Smile
But it is fun to have the simplicity of a D1000 in the living room and some playground in the listening room.

I bought the XP30 used as 6 channel Version (7boxes for a PreAmp) but only using 2 Channel config.