Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of used OdA / 1000 pro
Wink 
The loss of value within the first year is quite frustrating. I tried to sell my OdA (keeping the 1000pro) for 16k€ without luck. Even accepting trade ins. 
For my listening room I want to get a bit more back to classic gear. (aiming for an Pass XP30 & XP25 together wit my old Bryston B28 sst2 monos)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
I think the problem could be that there's already a 1000Pro and if you buy an Od'A you need to wait for the upgrade. Then there's the colour; it's not everyone's cup of tea. I liked it at first but it's even worse to keep clean than the silver ones. (probably the reason your selling the Od'A and not the 1000Pro?)

Most likely though, it's because Devialet have shown to be an irritating company and people are just not interested in their stuff anymore.

I still love my Od'A to bits though. I took it to a mate's place last weekend for a run on his B&W 802D's and he was gobsmacked by its sound and that made me very proud. It's just Devialet themselves that gives me the willies.

If I were you I would hold on to it until it's been upgraded. With a bit of luck the streamer board is a whopper and people will be banging on your door to buy it. Fingers x-ed
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Apr-2017, 09:59)Pim van Vliet Wrote: If I were you I would hold on to it until it's been upgraded. 

+1

That's what I'm doing Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-Apr-2017, 08:34)Mka Wrote: The loss of value within the first year is quite frustrating. I tried to sell my OdA (keeping the 1000pro) for 16k€ without luck. Even accepting trade ins. 

This is very frustrating indeed but hardly surprising given the chain of events over the past year or so.

I still think the O d'A looks wonderful but as a luxury/limited edition release I think it has been mismanaged by Devialet. The very proof of this of course being the situation you find yourself in.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
BTW, 16 grand. What a bargain.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Apr-2017, 11:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: BTW, 16 grand. What a bargain.

Yup.  Sad

I still think Devialet should have kept the O d'A ahead of the 1000 PRO performance-wise. A couple hundred more watts, some fun filters (tube setting for e.g.!). More hardware updates in the future, that kind of thing. 

Saying that we are first to get the "mystery" streamer board just doesn't cut it for me. Especially if it means waiting 18 months for it, which is what it is starting to look like.

Bringing out the 1000 PRO so soon after the O d'A was a mistake in my opinion. 

Guillaume

UK
(13-Apr-2017, 11:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: Bringing out the 1000 PRO so soon after the O d'A was a mistake in my opinion. 

Guillaume

Sadly we've read that opinion here multiple times all over the forum. I can't shake off this thought I've had for some time now so I'm going to have to ask you; How does it feel to be both a disgruntled customer and a brand ambassador running this forum? You must have had thoughts of throwing in the towel at times?

Now I'm going to duck for cover because I'm afraid of the answer  Blush
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Apr-2017, 11:45)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(13-Apr-2017, 11:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: Bringing out the 1000 PRO so soon after the O d'A was a mistake in my opinion. 

Guillaume

Sadly we've read that opinion here multiple times all over the forum. I can't shake off this thought I've had for some time now so I'm going to have to ask you; How does it feel to be both a disgruntled customer and a brand ambassador running this forum? You must have had thoughts of throwing in the towel at times?

Now I'm going to duck for cover because I'm afraid of the answer  Blush

I am actually pretty sanguine about things now but in truth last year there were times when I was pretty close to passing the baton. 

Crazy situation really. 

Guillaume

UK
I think the situation with the O'dA was scandalous. In fairness to Devialet, I do not think what happened was a deliberate act to deceive on their part, but it impossible to forgive them with respect to how they handled the situation and how they have treated those that purchased an O'dA at full price.

But this is history now, and the question remains, what is the value of an O'dA? The existence of the 1000 Pro and upgrade scheme is problematic I think for a number of reasons.

If you want to sell something, you need a buyer. I think at the moment that very many potential purchasers of an O'dA, that is those with the cash, the desire, and those that like the 'Devialet sound' will have already have upgraded already. (and this is a slim market anyway) To me, 16000 Euros for an O'dA seams like a really good deal and something I could see I would be very tempted by, but I have already upgraded to the 1000 Pro. OK, I am just one individual, but I am sure there are many others in a similar situation. The upgrade scheme forced the issue, so a lot of potential upgraders have done just that, upgraded last year and are hence no longer in the market as potential buyers.

Also, the O'dA is no longer the 'ultimate' in terms of performance. It will be upgraded to match the 1000 Pro, so essentially it will become a 1000 Pro with a 'limited edition' rose gold finish. If it just the 1000 Pro performance you want, the upgrade scheme is still live. Five minutes on the 'net and I can find a D800 for £8K, upgrade this to 1000 Pro spec takes you to £13K. So that is a little over 15000 Euros. OK, not the limited edition O'dA, but on the other hand it is brand new internals with the full 5 year manufactures warranty, and of course it is 1000 Pro spec now, not in 7 months or so. With this choice I think some would go for the upgraded D800 at Euro15k, some might prefer the limited edition appeal of the O'dA, but it does peg prices and take away potential buyers.

If you are selling an O'dA now this is a cruel sequence of events and circumstances, and this interim stage of waiting for the streamer board simply exacerbates the problem.

It is all very unfortunate, but I think a degree of patience might be needed. I am sure there is someone out there who would be temped by an O'dA at this price, but it might take a while to fine him!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The O'dA is a cruel unfortunate set of events. Waiting to upgrade it is an option but that said I had basically zero interest at 60% of purchase price on my Pro. I don't think that would improve much if I had to drop the price to 50%.

Then I remembered the upgrade is free for O'dA which is good.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2