Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet 200 Only as a power amp - how to configure?
Hi there,

I would like to try using my Devialet 200 in a 'power amp only' mode.  I have a set of RCAs coming from my preamp.

How do I configure the Devialet le 200 to be used in amp only mode?  I clicked through the ports on the configurator tool, and I only found settings for "line in", "pre out", and digital I/O.

Kind regards,
Todd @ AudioFlea
Select pass through for the analog inputs you want to use. -15dB is preset as a safe volume, with normal equipment (check your preamp manual) outputting close to 2Vrms max. output level this is too low, up it to 0dB in this case.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
You still have to go thru an AD and DA stage if you use the Devialet as a "power" amp ..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(19-Sep-2015, 22:01)Antoine Wrote: Select pass through for the analog inputs you want to use. -15dB is preset as a safe volume, with normal equipment (check your preamp manual) outputting close to 2Vrms max. output level this is too low, up it to 0dB in this case.

Antoine, thanks for the tip. Where do you set the volume preset to -15dB? Thnx: Joost