Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random volume drop
(01-Jul-2017, 18:43)BoyScout Wrote:
(28-Apr-2017, 21:10)iamwappie Wrote: ... Now I know what to do when it happens but not sure if the rest of the family will also know.

What you do when it occurs?
We can set up a output limit, can´t we?
Yes, an output limit can be set. Mine is set at -35dB, but unfortunately, that doesn't help, the volume can still increase on its own.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
New firmware was supposedly loaded into my remote during Infinity Core installation. That supposed to fix the spontaneous volume drop/increase.
I thought they will also smooth out volume changes, so it will act similar to pre-upgrade level, but it isn't most important bug/feature.

That is not fixed. Yesterday i have had unprompted drop and today, increase of volume.

What an incompetence. I give up on Devialet. I am not going to worry, if $10k gadget will burn my speakers or not.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
maxijazz,

I had a random volume increase situation shortly after the return of my Pro upgrade. On Devialet's advice, I removed the batteries and left them out for a few days. I then put in fresh Duracell batteries. That corrected the problem. It is annoying and potentially damaging to speakers, yes, but have you tried new batteries? It may not be the best of solutions, but if it addresses the symptoms they it should provide some comfort RE speaker health.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
maxijazz,

I had the same issue and replacing the remote's batteries cleared up the issue properly.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(29-Dec-2017, 00:22)Damon Wrote: maxijazz,

I had a random volume increase situation shortly after the return of my Pro upgrade. On Devialet's advice, I removed the batteries and left them out for a few days. I then put in fresh Duracell batteries. That corrected the problem. It is annoying and potentially damaging to speakers, yes, but have you tried new batteries? It may not be the best of solutions, but if it addresses the symptoms they it should provide some comfort RE speaker health.

This solution is only temporary as the issue will occur again as the voltage of the batteries drop below a certain point. Have replaced mine several times already.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Yep. I have replaced batteries, but as @iamwappie said, it is just temporary workaround for the issue, that supposedly got fixed during CI installation. Thank you for the suggestion.

I received phone call from Judith, around CI installation time (as result of my support ticket), with confirmation, that a new remote firmware will be installed in my remote and that it will permanently fix unprompted volume changes.

I don't fill in new support request yet for that. Lost heart for D. I worry, remote's hardware design is flawed and no firmware will fix it (similar to Air issue plaguing users for years).
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Anyone know whether the volume control issue has finally been fixed with the CI installation and the latest firmwares?
(15-Jul-2018, 08:11)ekal Wrote: Anyone know whether the volume control issue has finally been fixed with the CI installation and the latest firmwares?

Hello, since the FW 12.3.0 / 13.0.0 no problems with the remote control / remote control app! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(15-Jul-2018, 11:39)K4680 Wrote:
(15-Jul-2018, 08:11)ekal Wrote: Anyone know whether the volume control issue has finally been fixed with the CI installation and the latest firmwares?

Hello, since the FW 12.3.0 / 13.0.0 no problems with the remote control / remote control app! Rolleyes

That's great news, thanks! Going to do the CI upgrade now.
Shortly after upgrading my D400 to 440 I had the problem with the volume increasing automatically. On one occassion I was ipstairs, some distance away and by the time I got to the remote my Dynaudio C4s were extremely loud. Thankfully no damage. Devialet responded quickly and arranged a courier to deliver new remotes and collect the old ones.
I had the CI upgrade approx 4 months ago. 4 weeks ago the volume increased automatically again. Having to fly out on business shortly afterwards And not returning home for a few more days I haven’t had an opportunity to contact Devialet. In summary for i’ve had the issue after upgrade from D400 to 440 several time and once after CI upgrade. I am extremely pleased with the Devialet sound but now will be afraid to leave the room with music playing