Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade program ending
(18-Apr-2017, 23:03)vishu Wrote: could any one share their true experience of upgrading  from 200 to 220pro. is there a significant audible difference after upgrading? I understand they are replacing quite a bit of hardware. Do you need to fall into the upgrade trap or enjoy the 200 as is?I don't know which side to jump!!!! As it is I lost 50% value on the D-200 bought  8 months ago. The new 220pro is $14,900CAD I have seen upgraded 220 pro for $8000 CAD on sale. Thinking to save the money and invest on something else.

It works out to about the same.  Your 200 is worth maybe $4000 CAD the upgrade is $4500 CAD if I remember correctly.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(18-Apr-2017, 23:03)vishu Wrote: could any one share their true experience of upgrading  from 200 to 220pro. is there a significant audible difference after upgrading? I understand they are replacing quite a bit of hardware. Do you need to fall into the upgrade trap or enjoy the 200 as is?I don't know which side to jump!!!! As it is I lost 50% value on the D-200 bought  8 months ago. The new 220pro is $14,900CAD I have seen upgraded 220 pro for $8000 CAD on sale. Thinking to save the money and invest on something else.

If undecided, I'd suggest re-reading Antoine's post above, and hope for the best should you change your mind in the future....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

There are quite a few posts here on Devialetchat from last fall about the value of the upgrade.   I have absolutely no regrets.   Of course, justifying the price is something only each owner can address.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I am about to make a trade with a friend and get his expert 250. Some users who made the jump didn't prefer the "Pro"  emotionally over the original. In fact, one of them sold the Pro seeking a 2nd hand 250.
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
(19-Apr-2017, 05:32)Emerald Wrote: I am about to make a trade with a friend and get his expert 250. Some users who made the jump didn't prefer the "Pro"  emotionally over the original. In fact, one of them sold the Pro seeking a 2nd hand 250.

Didn't that guy then retract? I think after living with the Pro for a little longer he then preferred it.
Rather than listen to the usual detractors - look at this poll.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3761

I think 77 to 1 (and that one with caveats) is a pretty positive result.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(19-Apr-2017, 07:35)wikeeboy Wrote:
(19-Apr-2017, 05:32)Emerald Wrote: I am about to make a trade with a friend and get his expert 250. Some users who made the jump didn't prefer the "Pro"  emotionally over the original. In fact, one of them sold the Pro seeking a 2nd hand 250.

Didn't that guy then retract? I think after living with the Pro for a little longer he then preferred it.

He sure did:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3832

He bought new speakers and that fixed it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The more I listen the more I'm impressed by the upgrade. I feel like the Devialet now has all the qualities I loved in the 200 plus greater ease and that extra presence that reminds me of my all time favorite amplifiers the Pass Alephs.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I bought a new 250 last August - before the announced upgrade, pretty pissed by that. I then got the chance to buy an ex display 250 companion a couple of months ago. Having laid out serious money I thought I could wait a couple of years and then upgrade. Now I get the email. No way am I going to spend another £5000 so soon. Seriously pissed again. My only worry is that they will not continue to support the old series.

Not impressed Devialet.
I bought a D800 mid feb this year. I was expecting to listen to it for a while, save some cash, and later upgrade to 1000 Pro.

I enquired with my dealer to find out cost of upgrade and the logistics and was told the upgrade program was going to close in a week. That was 19 Feb. I was quite shocked as i didn't want to risk missing out on the upgrade but i didn't factor in having to pay for the upgrade a week after buying the 800.

I have emails from my local distributor and also Devialet telling me the upgrade was closing 26 Feb so i need to get in right away. I scraped together the funds and did it.

I am quite surprised with the announcement as it is effectively another 3 months after i was told to rush and do the upgrade as it was about to close.

Very poor to do that to me.

On a positive note, the whole upgrade experience was amazing. Absolutely great service. Delivered packaging boxes from France to Australia, picked up the goods, sent over to France, upgraded, and then delivered back to my door in Aus all within 3 weeks! Awesome.