Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade program ending
I did send in my D 200 for upgrade today and I wonder what kind of other brand could offer the same value in terms of sound quality for the price and upgrade potential in future?
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(25-Apr-2017, 21:24)blair.athol Wrote: I did send in my D 200 for upgrade today and I wonder what kind of other brand could offer the same value in terms of sound quality for the price and upgrade potential in future?

Hello, 

i had an D200 as you. 

i was trying to sell my D200 when the upgrade suddently came. 

it had the effect that i had to drop my price on my D200 significally to compete with the new D220 and the dealers who then sell the D220 with bigger discounts suddently. 

Devialets second hand marked is crazy at the moment. 

products from Mcintosh and Mark Levinson does not have that depreciation and will not loose so much money after just 1-2 years. 

Sound quality i agree. But value i surely do not. IMO
(26-Apr-2017, 07:06)TDA Wrote:
(25-Apr-2017, 21:24)blair.athol Wrote: I did send in my D 200 for upgrade today and I wonder what kind of other brand could offer the same value in terms of sound quality for the price and upgrade potential in future?

Hello, 

i had an D200 as you. 

it had the effect that i had to drop my price on my D200 significally to compete with the new D220 and the dealers who then sell the D220 with bigger discounts suddently. 

products from Mcintosh and Mark Levinson does not have that depreciation and will not loose so much money after just 1-2 years. 

Of course, if for you electronic devices are investments in value and for buying and selling and not for enjoyment of music, your argument is right. For the connoisseur of music, however, an upgradeable Devialet is a boon.
(26-Apr-2017, 10:10)Mohmm Wrote:
(26-Apr-2017, 07:06)TDA Wrote:

Hello, 

i had an D200 as you. 

Of course, if for you electronic devices are investments in value and for buying and selling and not for enjoyment of music, your argument is right. For the connoisseur of music, however, an upgradeable Devialet is a boon.

My argument is the upgrade price... not if a Devialet is upgradeble or not..
Being into high-end audio means living with depreciation much like owning a car.  They only depreciate.  Some more than others.

IMO, the older Expert line did take a significant depreciation hit when Devialet released the Pro - simply because the old models were being replaced.   I suspect that would be true for any audio equipment when the manufacturer discontinues one model for a new one.   So I'm not sure Devialet was any worse.   

I used to own a Levinson amp.  When they discontinued the model I owned, I didn't even consider buying the newer version at the time.   Had Levinson come out with an upgrade path, would I have done that?   I don't know, but would probably have given it far more consideration.  So to be fair, the upgrade Devialet is offering is quite a nice benefit - whether we choose to take it or not.    The question to ask... if Devialet was not offering an upgrade path, would you consider selling your 200 to buy a 220 Pro?  My guess is that fewer people would do so.   

Personally, I was able to sell my 200, buy a new 220 Pro, and come out slightly better than if I had done the upgrade.   But the biggest advantage in doing so is that I had both in the house for enough time to convince me that the 220 Pro was indeed a very nice improvement over the 200 - at least to these ears.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Hello,
First post here but interesting news. The upgrade to Pro will end on May 15th but will start again in a few month (dixit Océane from Devialet). As far as the OS steamer card. It will take several month to tweak but it is on a good way with a lot of surprise !
Frédéric
(27-Apr-2017, 17:21)fredsann Wrote: Hello,
First post here but interesting news. The upgrade to Pro will end on May 15th but will start again in a few month (dixit Océane from Devialet). As far as the OS steamer card. It will take several month to tweak but it is on a good way with a lot of surprise !
Frédéric

Hey guys we've got an insider! Whoohoo!

Seriously though, how were you able to pry that info out of him?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I had a problem when i upgraded to 10.1.0. I went to 10.0.2 by mistakes and my 250 pro turned to a 1000 Pro ! it was then not possible to upgrade to 10.1.0. I had a flash error A346 PSU 0604.HEX.
I contacted Devialet and Océane (she's a girl by the way :-) and she proposed me to take the 250 for repair.
Luckily all was resolved by unplugging the power supply and retry!
I asked her about the availability of the streaming card and she answerd.
"The upgrade to Pro will pause (not end) on May 15th but will start again in a few month . The OS streamer card will take a couple of month to tweak but it is going well and with a lot of surprise "
Great news and good after-sales service
"The OS streamer card will take a couple of month to tweak but it is going well and with a lot of surprise " - well that sounds encouraging but it really doesn't give us any information. Inquiring minds want to know...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
In that case, I am going to hold the upgrade to pro since I am planning to utilize the cash for power conditioner and a streamer. I wouldn't buy devialet's streamer until they fix all their software issues (which I am assuming the new board is gonna be packed with).
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia