Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade program ending
(19-May-2017, 17:20)Rodney Gold Wrote: Well, it appears the Upgrade cannot be ordered as of now..that section is no longer on their site....

Unusually for Devialet, this is consistent with what they advised by email, that is the upgrade scheme will end on May 15th.

Elsewhere, Devialet support have been advising that the upgrade scheme will restart after the new Devialet OS board is available. There have been a number of recent reports consistent with this. Currently there are rumours that the OS Board should arrive September  / October this year.

So, enjoy the Summer, enjoy the tunes, and the fun should start in the Autumn.  (Or winter / spring for those in SA or elsewhere in the mysterious Southern Hemisphere)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(19-May-2017, 19:09)Confused Wrote:
(19-May-2017, 17:20)Rodney Gold Wrote: Well, it appears the Upgrade cannot be ordered as of now..that section is no longer on their site....

Unusually for Devialet, this is consistent with what they advised by email, that is the upgrade scheme will end on May 15th.

Ignoring the previous one that said December 31st of course.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did you guys have the chance to read Soundstage's 130 Pro review? Reviewer stated that the difference between the outgoing Expert 200 and the 130 Pro was remarkably subtle. I have the Expert 200 and just can’t convince myself to fork over 3400 macaroons for the upgrade. You should have heard my wife when she exclaimed: What?!!! You paid almost 10000 dollars for that supposedly future-proof crap and now you want 3000 dollars to have it updated?! It was then I realized that Devialet misused the word “update”. They are not just replacing a part or a section of the circuitry, they are basically ripping the innards out and putting a totally new one in. The only part that remains original is the casing! They are not updating the unit, they are making us buy a new one. In addition, Devialet is doing those of us who opted not to upgrade a a major disservice. Our Experts have now plummeted in value in the used market. Financially, it the worst audio investment I have ever made.

The way I look at it, the update price should have been the difference between the new Pro and Expert. It would have been better for them to have priced the Pros a thousand dollars more and then charge the same amount for the upgrade.

Anyway, this is just my humble opinion. I am still totally enamored with my Expert 200 running on the 7.1.3 FW.
I understand where you are coming from, however I have never regarded hifi as an investment. If I was offered the opportunity to get my car updated when a new model came out I'd be amazed. Anyway I'm glad your still happy with your 200.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
Initially, I was sitting on similar anger... in hindsight, I realize it was mostly because it had not been that long after I bought my 200 that the upgrade was announced. Ultimately, I sold my 200 and now have a 440 Pro. Couldn't be happier (albeit, poorer ;-).

Realistically, all manufacturers eventually replace existing models with newer ones and rarely do they offer an upgrade path. I've certainly had other products from big names like Levinson and Audio Research where that happened. The only upgrade path was to sell what I had and buy new (or more typically, something else eventually). Had Devialet simply announced the new Pro line and stopped making the old line, would we have been happier? The old line would still have declined in value.

But I totally agree with you that they shouldn't have called it an upgrade. Perhaps it would have been better received if they just called it a trade-in program.

Hey, the 200 is and will remain an excellent product. Enjoy now knowing that someday, should you choose, you'll likely be able to upgrade to the latest.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Accessing the configurator on Devialet's homepage I saw the 'upgrade' button. It still works and offers the upgrade. Theoretically, that is legally binding unless they 'have run out of stock' and had no time to update the homepage yet. So it has not ended after all?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
I think word was that they were having a break from the upgrade program, for whatever reason, and then re-introducing it. Looks like that's what's happened.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
More like a short tea break.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(20-May-2017, 18:19)aisip Wrote: Did you guys have the chance to read Soundstage's 130 Pro review?  Reviewer stated that the difference between the outgoing Expert 200 and the 130 Pro was remarkably subtle.  I have the Expert 200 and just can’t convince myself to fork over 3400 macaroons for the upgrade.  You should have heard my wife when she exclaimed:  What?!!! You paid almost 10000 dollars for that supposedly future-proof crap and now you want 3000 dollars to have it updated?!  It was then I realized that Devialet misused the word “update”.  They are not just replacing a part or a section of the circuitry, they are basically ripping the innards out and putting a totally new one in.  The only part that remains original is the casing!  They are not updating the unit, they are making us buy a new one.  In addition, Devialet is doing those of us who opted not to upgrade a a major disservice.  Our Experts have now plummeted in value in the used market.  Financially, it the worst audio investment I have ever made.

The way I look at it, the update price should have been the difference between the new Pro and Expert.  It would have been better for them to have priced the Pros a thousand dollars more and then charge the same amount for the upgrade.  

Anyway, this is just my humble opinion.  I am still totally enamored with my Expert 200 running on the 7.1.3 FW.
Word of advice, put $$ aside for your hobby which is separate from your other finances. If your wife gives you a hard time after doing that just point to her shoes. Second thought, don't do that, would hate to read about you in the obituaries. Feel no regret about not upgrading cause in a year you will be able to pick up a used one at a good price. I would still hang on to the 200.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less