Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert hardware reliability
I've not had any hardware or software issues since getting an Expert Pro in mid January. I was wondering if there has been any history of hardware issues since the original release about 10 years ago, or are these units generally very reliable?
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(19-Apr-2017, 00:14)ssfas Wrote: I've not had any hardware or software issues since getting an Expert Pro in mid January. I was wondering if there has been any history of hardware issues since the original release about 10 years ago, or are these units generally very reliable?

I had a problem with one of my 200s a couple of years ago, but Devialet were very quick to ship the amp. back to France for a faulty board to be replaced. I haven't heard of any 220 Pros with faults though. Obviously things can go wrong, but I wouldn't worry unduly. Hardware reliability isn't an issue. Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Have owned a D120 since it was D110, and within 1 yr had a problem where it wouldn't turn on, whereupon Devialet replaced a board inside. Worringly though, I also recently had a problem where it was reporting "Error A391" at boot and required me to re-boot to clear it. Bizarrely, seemed to be temperature related as it coincided with a sub-zero spell in the UK, and totally went away once Spring Sprung!
I have my D120 on a timer-driven mains socket, so my whole HiFi/AV rack is off all night+day until I get home from work - and the case was freezing to the touch whenever this 2nd problem manifested itself.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Johnny, if the case was freezing to your touch I think you need to get your central heating fixed before blaming it on Devialet !!!

I bought my 250 ex-demo and when delivered noticed very faint scratch marks on the top case. The dealer could just about see them. Impossible to photograph, of course. I wasn't that fussed and told the dealer not to worry, but he called me a while later saying Devialet were concerned and could I try and take some pictures. How many manufacturers would have let it drop?

Years ago I had a Primare amplifier that failed after 8 years. They said it shouldn't have failed ever, so did a free RTB repair, including shipping to and from Sweden.

p.s. Was sub-zero recently with cameras, temperature was about -13 and a big wind chill on top of that. Sony camera packed up, but Leica kept going happily. Spent a few nights in a camper van at -11, I was OK but kills rechargeable batteries in no time at all. I presume Expert has some batteries in it and that might have been Johnny's issue.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
I presume if there were a REAL temperature fault, then customers in Sweden and Iceland would have found out by now! Still, Winter Is Coming (... in 6 months).
Although It's been coming for about 6 years on that show, though.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(20-Apr-2017, 01:56)JohnnySix Wrote: I presume if there were a REAL temperature fault, then customers in Sweden and Iceland would have found out by now! Still, Winter Is Coming (... in 6 months).

I believe the weather in 'Game of Thrones' is provided by the Devialet software team.  The Devialet engineers are working feverishly on winter and it should be available soon. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Apr-2017, 08:27)Confused Wrote:
(20-Apr-2017, 01:56)JohnnySix Wrote: I presume if there were a REAL temperature fault, then customers in Sweden and Iceland would have found out by now! Still, Winter Is Coming (... in 6 months).

I believe the weather in 'Game of Thrones' is provided by the Devialet software team.  The Devialet engineers are working feverishly on winter and it should be available soon. Sad

But will it be ROON compliant Big Grin?
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Unlike Johnny, Icelanders know how to keep the cold out of their houses. A country with the population of Croydon and perhaps the best concert hall in the world (Harpa). Went to two concerts there in March (in the camper van). Went to the Game of Thrones filming location on a previous trip about 3 or 4 years ago (snowmobiling with the family - great fun).

Iceland has far too much going for it for people to be worrying about Roon. I don't think there is a single hifi store in the whole country, although I went to a couple of good record stores.
Since the upgrade I've had my remote replaced two times as it sometime started to think on it's own about volume changes. When I turn the volume in some cases the remote decides to slowly but continually turn the volume down or up and it won't stop unless by me.

I now again have the same problem (3rd time) and was hoping they implemented a fix for this in the recent 10.1 firmware but this morning listening session confirmed that it is not the case. sigh
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(22-Apr-2017, 08:23)iamwappie Wrote: Since the upgrade I've had my remote replaced two times as it sometime started to think on it's own about volume changes. When I turn the volume in some cases the remote decides to slowly but continually turn the volume down or up and it won't stop unless by me.

I now again have the same problem (3rd time) and was hoping they implemented a fix for this in the recent 10.1 firmware but this morning listening session confirmed that it is not the case. sigh

That sounds like a remote control problem to me. No bug fix will fix that. Ask for another new one.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.