Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
(09-May-2017, 18:49)Flashman Wrote:
(09-May-2017, 18:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I always leave mine on there. Never had an issue so far.
Good to know!  Thanks!

I don't take my chances; delete every step of the way and turn power supply off between every step too. It might take twice as long but it doesn't take much time in the first place.

So far, so good.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well I've spent a few days with 10.1.0 and there are no cockroaches or other creepy crawlies in the house so I guess the bugs are fixed.

As for SQ: It's great as ever. I can't say it sounds different but then again, I do get to have three week long breaks in between listening so it would have to be quite the difference for me to notice.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I am a bit late to the party here.  Having spent the last few weeks trying the Aqvox switch I wanted to avoid any other changes in my system, so had resisted loading the new firmware.  Indeed, my plan was to update the microRendu to the new V2.5 firmware this weekend, and leave 10.1.0 for another couple of weeks.  However, that did not go to plan either, I'll post about that in the Sonore thread.  So, this morning I found myself with a system that has had no changes for over five months, so time to try 10.1.0.  For the record, this is my first firmware change on the 1000 Pro which came preloaded with one of the earlier '10' firmwares, so I am making the jump from 10.0.2 to 10.1.0.  I think this might be relevant because there is some speculation that the 10.1.0 'goodness' actually came in 10.0.5 or 10.0.7.

Anyway, firmware updated to 10.1.0, I sat down and ran through the same playlist I have been listening to endlessly recently as part of the Aqvox switch evaluation.

To cut a long story short, I am absolutely delighted to what 10.1.0 has done in my system, I could not be happier!  I am still trying to work out what has improved, but everything seams more natural, the soundstage is more coherent.  Plus maybe something with the bass.  There was one track that I have been listening to endlessly recently for the reasons mentioned above, and even so I was noticing some little extra details in the bass, I was not expecting that!  

The key thing is though, I quite simply found myself really enjoying listening through the same old playlist again, far more than I had over the last few weeks.  Something has clicked into place here, or maybe something that was annoying me on some level has gone, whatever the reason, I could not be happier! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
That's great Confused, these easy, free and boxless upgrades are of course the best! Smile

I think (deduced it here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...6#pid60746) at least the new I2S firmware was included from 10.0.7 up. My 10.0.6 didn't have it yet either but Vivialet's 10.0.7 did.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hey.

Maybe someone can help. I have the 10.0.5 and tried to install the 10.1. My 200 didnt like it at all, couldnt install, went back to factory setting 10.0.5. Never happend before. Is it only for 220? Maybe I`m doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance! 

And as I wrote, I "only" have the 200. I can`t justify spendig so much, since I think the 200 with AIR is working like magic. Think I`ll buy a chord Hugo2 for HP-use.
(31-May-2017, 19:05)Wallard Wrote: Hey.

Maybe someone can help. I have the 10.0.5 and tried to install the 10.1. My 200 didnt like it at all, couldnt install, went back to factory setting 10.0.5. Never happend before. Is it only for 220? Maybe I`m doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance! 

And as I wrote, I "only" have the 200. I can`t justify spendig so much, since I think the 200 with AIR is working like magic. Think I`ll buy a chord Hugo2 for HP-use.

No, 10.1.0 works like a charm with a D200. Try again after fresh formating of your SD-Card. Try another browser to download the firmware (sounds weird, I known) or try another SD-card (not logical either, but worked once for me).

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(31-May-2017, 20:26)yabaVR Wrote:

Thanks in advance! 

No, 10.1.0 works like a charm with a D200. Try again after fresh formating of your SD-Card. Try another browser to download the firmware (sounds weird, I known) or try another SD-card (not logical either, but worked once for me).

gui

I agree. 10.1.0 sounds great too!

Thanks in advance! 

The update from 10.0.5 to 10.1 went smoothly on my D200. As yabaVR mentioned try reformatting your SD-CARD or a new one. If you have a Mac, avoid Safari for the configurator, Firefox is good. Have you checked you set the configurator for a D200 ? If you edit an existing config, no risk, but if you create a new one the configurator doesn't remember the amp you own and by default the setting is Pro 220.
Regarding SQ : I perceived no improvement on Devialet Air (Ethernet) but an obvious one for the I2S inputs in 10.1.0
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
The other thing to consider @Wallard, is that the Devs are extremely sensitive to SD cards. I'd recommend using the card that came with the Devialet to copy over the firmware files, and also them all being directly in the SD card root (not inside a folder). I had tried 2-3 SD cards, which all kicked me back to stock config before I just caved in and used the provided card.
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M
(01-Jun-2017, 00:10)absolutk Wrote: The other thing to consider @Wallard, is that the Devs are extremely sensitive to SD cards. I'd recommend using the card that came with the Devialet to copy over the firmware files, and also them all being directly in the SD card root (not inside a folder). I had tried 2-3 SD cards, which all kicked me back to stock config before I just caved in and used the provided card.

Ha, ha, ha...for me it was the other way round. Wanted to flash via the original Devialet SD-Card and got a corrupted firmware flash. Reformated the Devialet-Card, copied the firmware files on it...and again get stuck half way in the process flashing the firmware. Then formatted another card (actually micro-SD /w adapter) and everything flash fine right away.

So, just try several SD-card...and no worry, nothing can go wrong  Wink

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin