Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
Getting ready for firmware or config updatable from an update/config utility on the streamer card perhaps? This would imply streamer card development could be quite advanced, which I'm a little sceptical of.
(22-Apr-2017, 10:37)Confused Wrote: Well I've contacted Devialet support and apparently 10.1.0 is a simple update of what they are calling their 'Firmware Update Code'.  Apparently some users are a little disappointed that having got used to some interesting firmware updates with new features every six months or so, there has been nothing of interest for a while, hence the nominal update now.  

Hmm.  Those same users are hardly likely to be excited by this update, then, I'd say.  Especially when Devialet just describe it as being a "minor bug fix".  One really wonders how their minds work sometimes.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Apr-2017, 11:05)thumb5 Wrote:
(22-Apr-2017, 10:37)Confused Wrote: Well I've contacted Devialet support and apparently 10.1.0 is a simple update of what they are calling their 'Firmware Update Code'.  Apparently some users are a little disappointed that having got used to some interesting firmware updates with new features every six months or so, there has been nothing of interest for a while, hence the nominal update now.  

Hmm.  Those same users are hardly likely to be excited by this update, then, I'd say.  Especially when Devialet just describe it as being a "minor bug fix".  One really wonders how their minds work sometimes.

Ooops!  My post #10 was not entirely 100% serious.  I fear I may have been a little too subtle? (not an issue I usually suffer from)  It was simply another slightly poor TLA gag..... Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Sorry Smile Fell right into that...!
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Apr-2017, 11:33)Confused Wrote:
(22-Apr-2017, 11:05)thumb5 Wrote:

Ooops!  My post #10 was not entirely 100% serious.  I fear I may have been a little too subtle? (not an issue I usually suffer from)  It was simply another slightly poor TLA gag..... Sad

Oh. Ehhh...my posts weren't serious either... for those who hadn't noticed.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Bit desperate, isn't it? In days of yore there would already be three hundred posts with conflicting opinions on the changes to sound quality...

ETA: Not that the humour is desperate, just that we need to resort to it.
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Apr-2017, 11:47)thumb5 Wrote: Bit desperate, isn't it?  In days of yore there would already be three hundred posts with conflicting opinions on the changes to sound quality...

OK then, I have got to say that the BQ has certainly improved since installing 10.1.0. The bugs in our house are now much bigger and rounder, and their legs are much better defined with a noticeable transparency about the carapace  Big Grin.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(22-Apr-2017, 09:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It's one of those cases where it would be a lot less effort for them to actually publish the release notes/change log with each new firmware simply to prevent multiple support enquiries as to which bug is fixed or whether that new feature was introduced. They really do like making life difficult for themselves, or rather the poor sap doing customer support.

That's absolutely true - and really hard to understand, as this is happening all the time they release an update and should learn from their proceeding.
I must be lured by some self persuasion factor, but this new firmware impresses me a lot.
Sam is off as usual. If I am the only one to hear a difference, please forward my post to some sci-fi thread.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Any other experiences from guys doing the update?