Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
From the Temple of Truth .........

As you know we always recommend to use the latest firmware. 
However this one should not change your experience too much. 
We made this one because we found a specific issue when using firmware 10 with a very complex configuration. 
Then we thought we would make it available for everyone.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(24-Apr-2017, 20:49)Confused Wrote: From the Temple of Truth .........

We made this one because we found a specific issue when using firmware 10 with a very complex configuration. 

The "very complex configuration" being what they need for the streamer board perhaps?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Ha, ha, ha...they have no clue...didn't we know that before  Rolleyes.
Just measure your stuff Devialet! But give me the email of that guy who programmed the 'minor bug fixes'. May be he is the smartest in team, got ears and uses them. I'll pay him a few bucks for the next minor fixes on my 'complex configuration'...oh my...measuring and have no idea...sigh Dodgy 

gui

p.s. I refuse to accept that it's simply luck we are dependent on with the updates...I can not believe it  Huh
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(24-Apr-2017, 21:13)yabaVR Wrote:

Just measure your stuff Devialet! But give me the email of that guy who programmed the 'minor bug fixes'. May be he is the smartest in team, got ears and uses them. I'll pay him a few bucks for the next minor fixes on my 'complex configuration'...oh my...measuring and have no idea...sigh Dodgy 

gui

p.s. I refuse to accept that it's simply luck we are dependent on with the updates...I can not believe it  Huh

gui - I am sure we will never know!  But it is nice to speculate that they do have a few fine minds in Devialet that know how to optimise for sound quality improvements, it's actually highly probable I would have thought.  There is certainly plenty of opinion based evidence in the past to suggest that firmware changes impacted sound quality.  (the debate of 7.1.3 vs FW 8 & 9 will almost certainly never be resolved, but nobody ever advised they preferred 6 as far as I can recall, although some claimed no difference)  As for me, I have my don't change two things at once rule.  Because I have just installed an Aqvox switch, all this new firmware goodness will need to wait a couple of weeks at least, but never mind, it's always good to have something to look forward to! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(24-Apr-2017, 21:32)Confused Wrote:

gui

gui - I am sure we will never know!  But it is nice to speculate that they do have a few fine minds in Devialet that know how to optimise for sound quality improvements, it's actually highly probable I would have thought.  There is certainly plenty of opinion based evidence in the past to suggest that firmware changes impacted sound quality.  (the debate of 7.1.3 vs FW 8 & 9 will almost certainly never be resolved, but nobody ever advised they preferred 6 as far as I can recall, although some claimed no difference)  As for me, I have my don't change two things at once rule.  Because I have just installed an Aqvox switch, all this new firmware goodness will need to wait a couple of weeks at least, but never mind, it's always good to have something to look forward to! Shy

I am a big Fan of 7.1.3 but I installed 10.1.0 and I am very positive impressed with it. I can hear more sound details and transparency is now better. Sound is dynamic and not too digital. I will need more listening tests to say sth more.
(24-Apr-2017, 21:32)Confused Wrote:

gui

The Aqvox may need weeks to burn in finally. But you can do the firmware update right now, because you will notice the difference at once (and it's much bigger than the diff with the Aqvox I bet).
No need for A/B or wondering if your imagination just made it up. Just taste the honey now...don't know what next week will bring  Wink.

gui

p.s. ...and here's one more. You'll be able to distinguish the diff between your standard switch/router and the Aqvox more precisely because of the increase of transparency with the 10.1.0  Big Grin
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

It's nice to know they jump to fix a specific issue with a complex configuration (presumably for one individual?), and let us all have it (without knowing what specific complex configuration issue it fixes but by the sounds of it is probably irrelevant to most of us anyway) but are slow to fix issues that affect a larger number of people over prolonged periods.

Perhaps 'that guy' (or gal) was a Devialet senior staffer, or investor, or someone using the Devialet for mastering or something similar....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Impressed with 10.1.0 too so far.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Is this a binary 10/10 for Devialet or is it just Humbug to fix a hum bug ... we will never know.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
My findings:

1. More detailed sound (on TV sound live classical broadcasting)
2. I turned back the highs: from + 2.5 dB to + 1.5 dB at 8 kHz. (To compensate the frequency curve of the Quad ESL 2812)
3. Since wednesday last week (april 19th) I own the Samsung S8 smartphone with 256 GB in it and self recorded Clearaudio records 192-24 on it. Suddenly, yesterdayevening it played the music again via the Devialet app (play store) straight through the router into the Ethernet entrance. Sounds beautifully.

Not sensational but happy with it.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz