Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto power down
I use my D200 in bypass mode whenever I need 5.1 surround with the AV amp. The D200 sits 2 shelves above the AV amp (Yamaha).
If I use the Devialet remote to do a full shutdown then the AV amp turns off. This I can understand. What I can't understand is why when the D200 powers down to standby it also turns off the AV amp. 
I presume the D200 remote uses a radio signal as does the Yamaha so that a line of sight isn't required.
(22-Apr-2017, 10:26)Davyboy Wrote: I use my D200 in bypass mode whenever I need 5.1 surround with the AV amp. The D200 sits 2 shelves above the AV amp (Yamaha).
If I use the Devialet remote to do a full shutdown then the AV amp turns off. This I can understand. What I can't understand is why when the D200 powers down to standby it also turns off the AV amp. 
I presume the D200 remote uses a radio signal as does the Yamaha so that a line of sight isn't required.

Can't comment on the shutdown, but yes, the remote control uses a (2.4 GHz) radio signal.  Line of sight is not required but there is evidence from other posts here that the remote might work less well when obstructed.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK