Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier that won't read SD Card to load firmware
Unturned stones I'm thinking of are:
- checking that the card is inserted all the way (sorry if it looks stupid/obvious): since it's a locking socket, you feel a first click before the card is all in (it is still removable from this point), then a second click when pushed further (only now, the card is locked and needs to be pushed for release);
- checking the filesystem used to format the card: all I know is FAT16 works; it may be achieved by choosing MS-DOS (FAT) from MacOS' Disk Utility (but do check you don't end up with FAT32, since I can't confirm it is supported).
Hope it helps. As mentioned, first stick to an old FW to avoid possible incompatibility.
Good luck reviving this baby!
I think that in the d-premier the sd card is inserted facing down. Sorry if this seems too stupid but it isn't obvious.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
Have you tried the unplugging routine, waiting a bit, then powering up again without any SD card inserted? I think this is what mdconnelly is suggesting...
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
On the D prems , you need to unplug the amp , insert the card , and plug it back in
Oh and dont use a high capacity card..I think it only recognises up to a 4 gig ..I might be wrong on this point tho
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room