Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet le200 owner (problem.?)
(20-May-2017, 14:50)winiar560 Wrote: I've everytime gone to the advanced configurator and set active spdif input and played with treble and bass settings as well.It i strange to me as well as this has caused me alot hassle and stress from start as i thought it should work ok from begining.This time i have downloaded the default devialet configuration without adjusting anything and the devialet magic finally found.

Hey winiar560,
you can go even further and get more of the pure Devialet Sound if you get yourself several SD-Cards and make multiple configurations that fit your needs. I don't know how many source inputs you need. For me it's only USB and sometimes AES/EBU. So I got some SD-Cards and on one USB is enabled AND everything else shut OFF in the configurator. This get's you the most smooth performance on the USB. The other card is just AES/EBU ON and everything else OFF. So this might not be as convenient as the default Devialet config but it's the best sounding config. But it all depends on your usage of your Devialet.

...and you're right that in original state (not mod.) the D250 ist more transparent and smoother/finer than the D200. The D200 gives more edge to the sound that might be suitable for some music genre but lacks of the fine details on the transients. 

One quick hack to purer sound is to turn off the moving part on every binding post (in case you use banans and no spades with your speakercables). You open the binding post to the point where it stops and then turn further open with power and a slight pull off the back. There comes a small ring loose that stops the binding post from coming off the post. You can put them on any time in the future if you use spades but you will notice a good improvement in sound if you leave them off.
Science behind it is that you reduce mass of metal and magnetical parts (brass coated with nickel and gold) that produce eddy currents on the binding posts. The sound is more pure and less smeary with this parts turned off.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Hello gui.
Thanks for all the interesting info.Would you provide any more info about mods and tweaks to devialet? After i have found the default settings it has completely transformed my d200 .Before that i was actually thinking if maybe it was a sidestep from my previous setup but boy i was wrong.I am only using a digital optical1 .
(26-May-2017, 18:47)winiar560 Wrote: Hello gui.
Thanks for all the interesting info.Would you provide any more info about mods and tweaks to devialet?  After i have found the default  settings it has completely transformed my d200 .Before that i was actually thinking if maybe it was a sidestep from my previous setup but boy i was wrong.I am only using a digital optical1 .

You can actually klick my profile, klick my threads and you have a lot to read Big Grin .  Without being too arrogant, if you've not modded your Dxxx you haven't heard half of it's potential...it's that profound.
Send me a pm if've any questions.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Thanks.
I think i've read some of your posts already but will search more.
Kamil