Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding additional Phantom to room?
Heeeey,

So I have a 52m2 living room with two Phantom Golds in it. The layout is a bit strange, so currently the Golds are having on a side wall with a big TV in the middle. It´s the only way I can hang the two Golds, and it provides excellent sound in the Sofa area. 

Buuuut... the rest of the living room is in such a way that the sound does not travel very well. E.g it does not sound good once you leave the Sofa area. It sounds like you are listening to music coming from another room almost.

So my question is, should I purchase another Gold speaker and hook up on the other side of the room, and configure it to Mix? 

If so, how will it affect the Sofa experience with movies and music which now is excellent in Stereo?

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers
Terry
My living room is a bit smaller, but I'm using 3 Phantoms 2 configured as stereo pair and the third added as mix in another 'Spark room'. Like this you can swich on/off the third Phantom with the merge room function in Spark. With the latest SW update you can again adjust the volume of each of the merged rooms and therefore balance the front and rear speakers. In terms of setup I placed the third Phantom opposite the stereo pair on the other end of the room. From the listening experience this setup has some dipole character at the preferred listening position that adds space to the sound stage with minimal influence on stereo image. Outside of the preferred listing position (triangle with stereo pair) you can enjoy a room filled sound with less intense room modes, same as you would run multiple subwoofers. In my case I even use after an update 2 Golds and 1 Silver Phantom in the back. Before I had 3 Silver Phantoms. Even if the Golds are much better speakers the Silvers adds up in positive and is very compatible in sound color, not adding much difference in coloration. So I assume you could even add normal (white) Phantom to your setup.
Thanks for the reply, I completely missed this one!