Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantom support after 2 years.
(08-May-2017, 15:04)Rudolph Wrote: I love my Silver Phantom and thought about to buy 2 Golds and Dialog.
After reading that the Phantoms can't be repaired I am now downgrading my investment and found that I have to look for another brand even the soundquality can't match the Phantoms.
I'm disapointed that the extended warranty should be bought within 30 days from purchase as it wasn't known last year that repair wasn't possible.

I do hope my Silver will last more than 2 years.

Hi Rudolph,
exactly the same here ; my pair of silver is one year old and I planned a few weeks ago to buy a pair of gold when I was told on this forum that it was impossible to repair them.
So, I won't buy them and like you, I am now looking to another brand.

I also must say that I would NEVER have bought the silver if I had known about such an issue.
(21-May-2017, 14:28)mac Wrote:
(08-May-2017, 15:04)Rudolph Wrote: I love my Silver Phantom and thought about to buy 2 Golds and Dialog.
After reading that the Phantoms can't be repaired I am now downgrading my investment and found that I have to look for another brand even the soundquality can't match the Phantoms.
I'm disapointed that the extended warranty should be bought within 30 days from purchase as it wasn't known last year that repair wasn't possible.

Hi Rudolph,
exactly the same here ; my pair of silver is one year old and I planned a few weeks ago to buy a pair of gold when I was told on this forum that it was impossible to repair them.

I also must say that I would NEVER have bought the silver if I had known about such an issue.

In similar situation. Now next pair will most likely be a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless. Sound is of course a bit different but still awesome.
(28-May-2017, 10:20)jannem Wrote:
(21-May-2017, 14:28)mac Wrote:

Hi Rudolph,

In similar situation. Now next pair will most likely be a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless. Sound is of course a bit different but still awesome.
I have thought about the KEF LS50 too, but haven't tested them yet.
Not the same power however at normal volume the sound will not be much different.
Devialet support informed me a repair facility will be opening soon (no actual solid time was given) and that they have successfully figured out how to repair a Phantom now but the current focus is efficiency in the facility so they can keep diagnosing the faulty (or damaged) units coming in and learning from them but at the same time repairing those same units and shipping them back out as good as new. If the unit is unrepairable or diagnosis is taking too long it will be replaced. I gather that they hope only a very SMALL amount are unrepairable.

No idea on pricing or what options will be available but I expect it will come with a fee, unless it's a fault not caused by the user (as in you didn't knock it off a stand but it just stopped functioning).

Hopefully we hear more soon!
Does anyone have new information about this ?
I have just been corresponding with Devialet around buying some golds and getting clarity on the warranty and careplan. Here is the information I received. Note the comment at the end about a possible repair plan in the pipeline.

***Clarifying devialet care*** For Devialet Care, if you purchase it, it will extension your basic warranty for one more year. Thus, your warranty will have 3 years.
Each Devialet Care can be only used for one Phantom, so you need to buy two Devialet Care.
You may exchange your faulty Phantom maximum twice under Devialet Care. However, for each replacement, you have to pay 1980 Hong Kong Dollars for replacement fee.
(around 340 AUD, the price in website for Australia 399AUD is wrong)
For more information, please check: https://www.devialet.com/en-au/accessori...-care.html
(GENERAL CONDITIONS AND TARIF RATES)

***On can it be repaired and is there a replacement program coming? *** Yes, the Phantom cannot be repaired. This is due to the process it goes through in production. The Phantom is placed together with one ton of pressure. In order to repair a Phantom we would have to take it apart and put it together which would cause a strong loss in audio quality.
That's the good reason why you need to buy Devialet Care.
If your Phantom has manufacturer default, the Phantom will be replaced under basic warranty, which is free.
However, if your Phantom damaged by accident, the replacement fee under Devialet Care is 1890 HKD.
If you don't have Devialet Care, we will soon issue a repair program, the replacement fee would be 1533 AUD.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
Aha, so the current upgrade price for Golds is the same as the replacement fee will be. That is less than 40% of new retail for a Gold. Quite good!
welcome to the forum by the way, very informative first post!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
my phantom silver died after 8 months, the replacement lasted 2 years and one month. I am glad I did not upgrade to gold...