Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bricasti network player
http://www.bricasti.com/en/consumer/m5.php

The Bricasti M5 network player is a network interface and media renderer that connects to your server via a local area network. With wide support for DNLA and other popular network protocols, the M5 delivers pristine lossless audio from your network to your Digital to analog converter; your music server can go anywhere you choose. Connects to your LAN via Ethernet and Wi-Fi, with SPDIF, AES outputs supporting sample rates up to 192k PCM, DSD 64 and DSD 128 over USB.
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Now why would anyone want to buy a device from a company that writes it has 'wide support for DNLA'. What's that, DNLA? I do know DLNA. Big Grin And what are those 'other protocols'? Anyway, yet another 'me too' product, next! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-May-2017, 20:53)Antoine Wrote: Now why would anyone want to buy a device from a company that writes it has 'wide support for DNLA'. What's that, DNLA? I do know DLNA. Big Grin And what are those 'other protocols'? Anyway, yet another 'me too' product, next! Wink

In fairness, it does state that it is 'Roon Ready'.  Not much else in the way of hard information or details though, let alone price, so I'll reserve judgement for now. Huh
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
well this is stated so far, for me its one of the better brands out there, and this is in a price range of 2500 usd or near that.

The Bricasti M5 network player is a network interface and media renderer. With wide support for DNLA and other popular network protocols, the M5 delivers pristine lossless audio from your network to your Digital to analog converter; your music server can go anywhere you choose. Connects to your LAN via Ethernet and Wi-Fi, with SPDIF, AES and USB outputs supporting sample rates up to 192k PCM and DSD 64.
The M5 plays ethernet wired or wirelessly over your data network. In addition, audio listeners have become accustomed to having a computer server and additional storage drives directly in the listening environment. This can get messy with the added cables and power supplies that accompany them. With the M5 Network Player you can find new freedom from your server devices and place them anywhere on your network, away from your system.
The M5 is a dedicated DNLA and Roon Ready audio media renderer. Simple, raw data is served to the M5 over the network from your NAS or server and only then does data become rendered as a real-time audio stream to its SPDIF, AES or USB outputs, connecting to your D/A like our M1SE to do its magic. Many computer servers play dual roles as archival systems and players but not when you have a dedicated player like the M5. With the M5 dedicated player the audio rendering is in the M5, and close to its D/A destination for a pure, noise free experience that we believe is exceptional.
The M5 is built solid. The chassis is milled from solid aluminum with beautifully rounded corners all the way around. Inside the chassis lies the Bricasti media player and powered by the same linear power supply as found in the M1 digital to analog converter for superb low noise performance under the most demanding circumstances. The M5 takes the Network player experience to the next level, and no add-ons are needed with the M5, it comes complete.
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 

It's not a very attractive design (IMO) but it's nice to see more of these type things filtering through with AES etc and Roon.

If it's 2500 pounds (the usual exchange rate seems to be 1:1) then I guess it's up against the dCS. Too expensive for me.

I'm happy with AIR right now but trying to keep it in sync with my other Roon zone is starting to become annoying. I can sense this being a reason to ditch it in the future and get something like this or dCS. Or the new Mutec offering if they sensibly put all these features in a (prettier) box with the bits of the MC3+ you need.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

No price in Norway are 23 000 Norwegian krones and that is about 2500 usd,so this not an expensive player

Interesting review of the Bricasti M5

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/d...rk-player/

(although it looks to be pretty much impossible to audition in the UK)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(05-Jan-2018, 13:45)Confused Wrote: Interesting review of the Bricasti M5

Jordan Acoustics of Bournemouth and Glenrothes are dealers of Bricasti, so should be able to arrange an audition when the M5 becomes available.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-Jan-2018, 14:07)Axel Wrote:

Jordan Acoustics of Bournemouth and Glenrothes are dealers of Bricasti, so should be able to arrange an audition when the M5 becomes available.

@Axel Are Jordan Acoustics a dealer?  I had a quick look at their website and to be honest I am not quite sure what they do!  To me they maybe looked more like a custom installer type company, although I might be wrong.  Anyway, I see that that are located reasonably close to yourself.  Have you ever visited?
(05-Jan-2018, 16:57)Confused Wrote:
(05-Jan-2018, 14:07)Axel Wrote:

@Axel  Are Jordan Acoustics a dealer?  I had a quick look at their website and to be honest I am not quite sure what they do!  To me they maybe looked more like a custom installer type company, although I might be wrong.  Anyway, I see that that are located reasonably close to yourself.  Have you ever visited?

Is this the web site you used: http://jordanacoustics.co.uk/ ? I have used Jordan in the past and found them very helpful - in fact bought my Wilson-Benesch ACT speakers from them!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK