Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400/440 - Air + Ether Fiber Isolator help
Hello all - I have a peculiar issue and am hoping that someone would be kind enough to verify that it doesn't happen on their setup. It requires some ethernet cable swapping at the router, so I'll understand if I get crickets.

The symptom is that the audio in my right channel will intermittently cut out for a split second when what I suspect to be a DC electrical surge/interruption shows up on the network.

The relevant parts of my setup are:
  • D400
  • Master --> RCA/XLR --> Companion
  • MacBook Air --> Wifi --> Router --> Ethernet Fiber Isolator --> D400

It's unclear why its only in one channel, why it's a split second, why the stream doesn't stop, why the Master and Companion stay connected and how it recovers so quickly.

Reproduction steps:
  • Devialet is connected to ethernet cable.
  • Bypass Fiber isolator by taking the other end of Devialet's ethernet cable (plugged into fiber isolator "output") and plugging it directly into router into an empty slot.
  • Play music. Isolator would be bypassed, but network will still detect Devialet and streaming will start.
  • While music is playing, find the ethernet cable that connects the Fiber isolator "input" to the router. Ensure that the fiber isolators are still powered on.
  • unplug this ethernet cable from the router and plug it back in slowly. Do this a few times. Does your right channel cut out?

I know this is a very odd scenario, and would never happen in practical conditions, but I've been having these cutouts since I got the device and this is the first time I have been able to reproduce it. I can at least start to solve this now.

Thanks in advance all!
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
Just this last weekend i change over from ethernet to fiber optics.
To start i took the cable from the Netgear R8000 router to the Devalet 400's using a pair of TP-Link MC 200 CM Gigabyte multi mode media converters with fibers between , sat back and listened, a worthy investment in time and money.
Next i took the incoming modem (virgin) back as near to the house in take and ran fibers the same as before to the router, again sat back and noticed immediately the improvements gained, i find i hard explaining things in musical terms, i know what i like,end of the day thats what it's all about , we all listen differently, different systems,rooms etc
So my next step i did the same replacing the ethernet cable from the router to the auralic Aries, again a big improvement, in my mind anyway, total out lay around £360, a cheap improvement in the context of the rest of the system,
Try it, bit ata time and see how you go.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Thank you FactsOfLife - I did not realize that putting multiple isolators in the path would help - especially between modem and router. I will try that option.

However, my problem is a bit different. It has to do with sound COMPLETELY disappearing for a fraction of a second from one channel. My friend exclaimed "wtf!" when he heard it the first time, then said "stop it - what are you doing?" when I kept repeating it.

Given that this happens even during normal playback at times, I'd like to get to the bottom of it.
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
(10-May-2017, 16:50)absolutk Wrote: Thank you FactsOfLife - I did not realize that putting multiple isolators in the path would help - especially between modem and router. I will try that option.

However, my problem is a bit different. It has to do with sound COMPLETELY disappearing for a fraction of a second from one channel. My friend exclaimed "wtf!" when he heard it the first time, then said "stop it - what are you doing?" when I kept repeating it.

Given that this happens even during normal playback at times, I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

Hi,

I had the same kind of problem : every time I switched a light in the house, every time the refrigerator started or any other device, the sound was affected for a hemidemisemiquaver. I checked my electrical panel, tried every possible pluggings and unpluggings until a guy at Naim suggested to connect the Hdx to the Devialet using toslink instead of coax. And the problem was gone. Not sure this is going to be helpful...
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
I had a similar problem, which was caused by an "over voltage". It has only done it a couple of times, though, and I haven't had it since upgrading to the latest firmware.
Check you amps for faults. To do this, hold down the right button on the remote control, then scroll through the information screens using the left and right buttons until you come to the fault screen.
If you see a fault code, make a note of it and post it so that we might be able to assist you further.
Hope this helps and that you find a cure soon.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Bruno - I am of the same belief - that an electrical interference is causing this. When the device goes through the fiber isolator, this is not a problem - well, at least I haven't tried to mess with it. I will try that tonight.

Thanks Axel - I looked through the faults and it says "Last fault: NONE".