Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New User- Software Update
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to Devialet....just received my Expert 400. I will install the new firmware and have a question. Do you install the firmware in both the master and companion or only the master?
Bob
Welcome Bob. Firmware needs to be installed in both. I do master first, companion second. After that reload and put the config files back.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(10-May-2017, 15:58)rjc1845 Wrote: Hi Everyone,
I'm new to Devialet....just received my Expert 400. I will install the new firmware and have a question. Do you install the firmware in both the master and companion or only the master?
Bob

Hi and welcome. The following link may be helpful: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Devialet

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Bob,

You are probably up and working by now, so this may not be relevant.

I often have problems with the configurator, sometimes because it does not like Safari (or Firefox), other times I'm sure it's the configurator itself. This morning I had  corrupted config downloads which variously did not recognise the trigger connection - I use the companion input for a Tuner - or, unusually for even me, allocated different inputs for the master and companion when powered-up from the remote.

You do have the option to download master and companion configurations - or to have them sent by e-mail.If you  have a problem with your config files I would recommend the e-mail option as one way to eliminate the possibility of corrupted downloads. If you do opt for e-mail, Devialet send both master and companion files separately, so you have to opt for e-mail on both.Unhelpfully (IMO) both master and companion will arrive in your in-box as two separate mails with the same file name, so remember the order that you opted to receive the files by e-mail.

Best of luck.At some point you will be tearing your hair out, it happens to almost all of us at some time.