Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarneri Tradition and Devialet
Yes, could be the case, here.
I´ve the Dev with the O lll SAM configuration and each time i turned it on assumes that configuration.
I need turn the SAM off all the time. It´s normal, right? I need that configuration because i´m still comparing both speakers.
I read already about the Harbeth´s and i´m sure we follow the same search of sound, balance and versatility.
(09-May-2017, 14:30)libero Wrote:
(09-May-2017, 14:23)BoyScout Wrote:
(09-May-2017, 13:49)Confused Wrote: I see they are having some fun in Oxford.  D1600 with Sonus Faber Amati Traditions anyone?  Oh, with a dCS Vivaldi front end too.  Sorry for going a little off topic, but it's a nice picture per the link if nothing else.

https://twitter.com/OxfordAudio/status/8...8050838529

I had an audition with the Amati Tradition in the dealer place. Great gear, great sound, great bill. But, believe me, you have a good part, a huge part of the same, for a small fraction of the price with the monitors Guarneri. And i´ve them here at home. Unfortunately with no SAM yet and i´m affraid we need to wait a wile to have them SAM ready.
There is no need to desire SAM. My Harbeth sound much better without SAM.

I fully agree. Without SAM my Olympica II's sound more transparent and open.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(09-May-2017, 14:36)BoyScout Wrote: Yes, could be the case, here.
I´ve the Dev with the O lll SAM configuration and each time i turned it on assumes that configuration.
I need turn the SAM off all the time. It´s normal, right? I need that configuration because i´m still comparing both speakers.
I read already about the Harbeth´s and i´m sure we follow the same search of sound, balance and versatility.

I have noticed that SAM is present even if You turn it off. It is better to remove SAM from configurator (SD card).
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
(10-May-2017, 09:56)libero Wrote:
(09-May-2017, 14:36)BoyScout Wrote: Yes, could be the case, here.

I have noticed that SAM is present even if You turn it off. It is better to remove SAM from configurator (SD card).

Ok, i´ll try that way.
Thanks libero.
(10-May-2017, 09:56)libero Wrote: I have noticed that SAM is present even if You turn it off. It is better to remove SAM from configurator (SD card).

I am not sure I understand this comment.  When I turn off SAM the effects of SAM, both positive and negative, turn off.  Can you explain what you have noticed?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-May-2017, 12:37)Confused Wrote:
(10-May-2017, 09:56)libero Wrote: I have noticed that SAM is present even if You turn it off. It is better to remove SAM from configurator (SD card).

I am not sure I understand this comment.  When I turn off SAM the effects of SAM, both positive and negative, turn off.  Can you explain what you have noticed?

There is much better sound when SAM file is disabled in Configurator. Sound is with more air, open and shiny. Bass is fast and defined.
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
(30-Apr-2017, 13:03)ssfas Wrote: did you not try the speakers in your room? Sounds like a lot of money to spend without knowing if they will work. Before changing speakers, how about putting in a DSP unit to tame the bass? Would be a lot cheaper than changing, unless the dealer will give you your money back.

No, i don´t loose any money with the previous speakers, just pay the difference to the new ones. And i try all the gear always at my room before a decision, the problem here isn´t just a bass incompatibility but a lack of detail that i´m used to from all my previous systems.
The Olll has a spectacular and huge sound but comes all at the same time and turns the music like sounding the same. Too big, IMHO.
I´m quite surprised with those new SF Guarneri Tradition: Very small, with an aristocratic look but very impressive when playing, maybe because we underestimate them by size and look.
I´m enjoying it very much, believe me.