Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air and Ravenna discussed on the ROON site
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/rock-ra...tems/25606

Devialet is near to or on the leading edge of this issue...AIR mentioed further down in the thread....f&$k USB and all the little dongles sold to salve the noise, etc....AIR, in our system, clearly betters any directly attached media server we've had in house.

So where is my streamer board furchrisakes!!!!!   Rolleyes
(13-May-2017, 04:44)Wdw Wrote: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/rock-ra...tems/25606

Devialet is near to or on the leading edge of this issue...AIR mentioed further down in the thread....f&$k USB and all the little dongles sold to salve the noise, etc....AIR, in our system, clearly betters any directly attached media server we've had in house.

So where is my streamer board furchrisakes!!!!!   Rolleyes

Discussed is an interesting way of describing the train wreck that thread has quickly tuned in to!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
+1 LOL, as do all where's it M1ke D@vis, a.k.a. Bl1zz@rd who's involved. For those who don't know him, he got his sorry ass kicked from about about every major forum out there. (Using 1 and @ to substitute the i and a to not attract him here Big Grin)

Don't believe the hype when it's him who brings it to you and let's wait and see until we have it in hand somehow. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
The guy doesn't give up I'll give him that.

Roon team: We defined the terms so we know what they mean.
Him: You're wrong.

Nice!

Its like he appeared out nowhere and went in all guns blazing. Doesn't come across like someone you'd want to buy from, but then again 'all publicity is good publicity' or so they say.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The internet does bring it out of some people!

I have to agree on the point about optical networking though, it's a brilliant way to put Ethernet in a DAC, no noise, ground currents or jitter to worry about.
(14-May-2017, 08:00)Chris Marshall Wrote: The internet does bring it out of some people!

I have to agree on the point about optical networking though, it's a brilliant way to put Ethernet in a DAC, no noise, ground currents or jitter to worry about.

Isn't that what the old Toslink was supposed to do?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-May-2017, 08:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(14-May-2017, 08:00)Chris Marshall Wrote: The internet does bring it out of some people!

Isn't that what the old Toslink was supposed to do?

Yes, as far as ground and noise is concerned, then the audiophile neuroses about jitter got in the way and we all convinced ourselves it's rubbish?

Ethernet being packet based removes that little piece of paranoia.

I have a pair of fibre media converters between my switch and the Devialet but there is still an Ethernet cable before the Dev and I've no idea about noise generated in the FMC or its power supply.  I do believe it's better than without, though fairly subtle.
I would have agreed with the optical ethernet solution to be the best several months ago but now I'm not so sure. Of course it's ideal to cut of all possible noise from upstream computers etc. but there's also the signal integrity part and the extra conversion required. A point already made by Pim though of course an ethernet signal is different than a S/PDIF signal which has embedded the clock signal itself. As always it depends on the quality of implementation. If a manufacturer would be able to implement a top notch optical to ethernet converter, isolate it well and clock it properly it may be best. Yes, even for ethernet these principles like HQ clocking seem to matter in setups today.

Recently I removed the optical ethernet converters from the direct signal path in my setup, others did as well. I won't go into explaining it all since I can't yet. There's a long thread on CA (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...icrorendu/) which inspired me to do so (and discusses many topics like these) and indeed the most direct connection copper gave me the best results in my current setup.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands