Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Danny has a triple A rating, you can trust him.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
(22-Jun-2017, 18:41)sven911 Wrote: Danny has a triple A rating, you can trust him.

I agree, have the greatest confidence in him, been a Roon lifer since July 2015 that's how much I trust/believe in Roon, just wondering what awesome actually means...
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
What would it take for it to meet your 'awesome' standards?

Personally if it happens at all that's awesome to me bearing in mind what Devialet are like.
If it was the same quality wise and stability wise that would still be awesome. If better then super-awesome. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Jun-2017, 19:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What would it take for it to meet your 'awesome' standards?

Personally if it happens at all that's awesome to me bearing in mind what Devialet are like.
If it was the same quality wise and stability wise that would still be awesome. If better then super-awesome. Smile

Better than AIR, I still have to restart AIR from time to time, better sound quality, etc. you will have to excuse me as I've had a particularly crappy day at work with people not delivering on professional standards and I'm a bit highly strung at the moment ?
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
We could dream that the integrated AIR driver has somehow managed to sound better, but I'll be really happy just using ROCK instead of windows. I always had a dedicated machine and to be fair Windows didn't take too much effort but ROCK requires zero maintenance once installed.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I was at the OAC SAM event today and asked about ROON. I was told by Devialet staff that it will be soon and is not connected with the new streamer board. He was surprised when I said that ROON were including AIR but he confirmed it, he thought they must have a spy in France!?

I was starting to worry they decided to do it with the new board but it sounds like it should be sooner than that. No one will tell me hoe long soon is though!

He also confirmed that October 17 means the 17th, not anytime in the month. Not sure why they're being so precise but I suggest OdA owners get prepared.
(06-Jul-2017, 17:09)Chris Marshall Wrote: I was told by Devialet staff that it will be soon and is not connected with the new streamer board.  

Thanks for sharing this.

I have to say I just can't understand why the Core module isn't a Roon endpoint. I don't want to run AIR from my Mac.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Actually, we didn't discuss that, if there is some advantage to RAAT then they may still intend to do that afterwards. All I know is that we should get an AIR solution before October.

Out of interest, what is your concern with AIR from the mac if it's built into the Roon software rather than stand alone?
(06-Jul-2017, 17:17)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 17:09)Chris Marshall Wrote: I was told by Devialet staff that it will be soon and is not connected with the new streamer board.  

Thanks for sharing this.

I have to say I just can't understand why the Core module isn't a Roon endpoint. I don't want to run AIR from my Mac.

Guillaume

Isn't that the point of what Roon have been working on? In other words you wouldn't need to run the Devialet AIR software on your Mac, because Roon would know how to talk directly to the amplifier (using the AIR protocol). That's what I was hoping for, and seems to be in line with what Chris said, I think.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Jul-2017, 17:25)Chris Marshall Wrote: Actually, we didn't discuss that, if there is some advantage to RAAT then they may still intend to do that afterwards.  All I know is that we should get an AIR solution before October.

Out of interest, what is your concern with AIR from the mac if it's built into the Roon software rather than stand alone?

I run a little sonicTransporter thing. Always on, hidden in the background. Roon and my music library reside there. 

So we are saying that Roon on my sT will now use AIR to talk to my Devialet?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK