Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
(15-May-2017, 13:51)Mohmm Wrote: I am a bit surprised by this thread, because my Roon (presently 1.3) installed on a Mac always discovered AIR (304) without problem. It plays perfectly right now in my room.

Same here, hence my earlier confusion.
(15-May-2017, 14:15)wikeeboy Wrote:
(15-May-2017, 13:51)Mohmm Wrote: I am a bit surprised by this thread, because my Roon (presently 1.3) installed on a Mac always discovered AIR (304) without problem. It plays perfectly right now in my room.

Same here, hence my earlier confusion.

Can it be that somebody confused Apple's AIR streaming technology with Dev-AIR?

Perhaps Roon did not do this just to fix the problems with AIR that some have. I think they are making a solution so you can run Linux computer with Roon and still be able to use AIR to speak to the amplifier. 

Solutions like the upcoming Roon ROCK and sonicTransport will be able to be used directly to Devialet without the need for AIR on PC/MAC.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

And Devialet said - about one year ago - that they are preparing AIR for perfect Roon implementation.
To be honest, AIR is now working ok for me under windows. I just like the simplicity of the new ROCK solution, if that can include AIR more the better. I like the idea of a device that only has one piece of software and will auto update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(15-May-2017, 14:47)Chris Marshall Wrote: To be honest, AIR is now working ok for me under windows.  I just like to simplicity of the new ROCK solution, if that can include AIR more the better.  I like the idea of a device that only has one price of software and will auto update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on that. This is why I am looking to migrate my music playing system to a NUC in the hope (however forlorn that may be) that AIR will be integrated into ROON, and that any ROCK solution will see the Devialet Expert as an "endpoint" without the need to purchase additional hardware.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
David, it will be interesting to see what response you get to the question you (I think?) asked on the Roon forum, given the speculation about direct support for AIR.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(15-May-2017, 14:27)octaviars Wrote:

Perhaps Roon did not do this just to fix the problems with AIR that some have. I think they are making a solution so you can run Linux computer with Roon and still be able to use AIR to speak to the amplifier. 

Solutions like the upcoming Roon ROCK and sonicTransport will be able to be used directly to Devialet without the need for AIR on PC/MAC.

Yes, I also understood this similarly.

The AIR is working much better than before, but it is definitely not a bug free. I have noticed many bugs like for example crackles, dropouts, and bluescreen crashes on Windows 10 just to name a few.

I am really happily waiting for this Roon - AIR integration. Great news Shy
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I hope this can also fix the limitation that AIR has on Mac of not being able to stream DSD...
Testing Roon as this topic is hot.
I've noticed a significant SQ difference on my system with Roon/Tidal vs Qobuz desktop, both with Air on win7 64b laptop. Preferring Qobuz....
Maybe a dedicated Rock Nuc is a step ahead for Roon.

Air integration should be for Rock only system ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -