Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming with Roon>Dirac>AIR from NAS?
Hi,

Can I use a relatively powerful NAS for playback as suggested by ROON feeding DiracAPS feeding Devialet AIR? Is it possible to install Dirac and AIR on a QNAP-NAS? Any experience?

Thanks
Wolfe
AIR is only supported on a Windows or Mac O/S.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes, Devialet AIR and Dirac Live are available only for Windows and Mac as far as I know. So you would need to run for example Windows on QNAP... I don't know is that possible on your device.

I would wait for hearing news about possible Roon and AIR integration. If that works, then you wouldn't need to worry about AIR. You could also try to figure out an alternative way to do a room correction. For example you could buy a software that can create convolution filters and then run them on Roon.

Unfortunately I have no idea what is "DiracAPS" Sad The closest thing that I was able to find was this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_equa...ical_space
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(15-May-2017, 16:12)petrik Wrote: Yes, Devialet AIR and Dirac Live are available only for Windows and Mac as far as I know. So you would need to run for example Windows on QNAP... I don't know is that possible on your device.

I would wait for hearing news about possible Roon and AIR integration. If that works, then you wouldn't need to worry about AIR. You could also try to figure out an alternative way to do a room correction. For example you could buy a software that can create convolution filters and then run them on Roon.

Unfortunately I have no idea what is "DiracAPS" Sad The closest thing that I was able to find was this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_equa...ical_space

DiracAPS = Dirac Audio Processor Stereo

Thanks for the resonses. That confirms my suspicion.