Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set up for Windows 10 with Roon?
Would appreciate help on setting up Roon to my 220 and do know a lot of the terminologies.  My plans is to use my computer with Windows 10 as the core, I use Tidal for about 75% of my listening and Flac 24-192 files for the rest.  Have been reading articles on how to do it and with System outputs,  Chorde 2Quat and upsampling look overwhelming.  Has there already been a thread on this that I have not seen?
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Question #1 - will you be using a second computer or other device to control playback from the Windows 10 computer or just the Windows 10 computer?

If using a second computer you would install RoonServer on the Windows 10 machine. If only using the Windows 10 computer than install Roon core on the machine.

Next up, where are your music files, on the Windows 10 machine? If yes, you configure Roon to look for the music files on the local Folder(s) you specify.

You can setup access to Tidal within Roon itself, it will prompt you for your Tidal account information.

You can either connect the Windows 10 machine via USB to your D220 or use the Devialet AIR driver installed on the Windows 10 machine, I use the latter.

Will you be using a wired ethernet connect for the D220 and Windows 10 machine or wireless? I ask because if you use AIR then ethernet can at times be more reliable than wireless. It does not preclude using wireless.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks there will be only one computer and using Air only.  Also need help with the following set up items which I have copied from an article I found from last year. Also I think there DSD versus PCM??  Again appreciate the help.

[Image: Audio%20Settings%20Menu.JPG]

[Image: Output%20Settings%20Menu.JPG]
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Ok so you will be using the Chord DAC connected to the Devialet via USB is that correct?

If that is the case you will not be able to use AIR, as AIR is intended to send music files directly to the Devialet for processing (without the use of an external DAC).
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
If you DAC can handle DSD via DoP, then you have it configured correctly.

Can you DAC handle DSD64, DSD128, etc..if not configure MAX DSD sample rate to the highest supported by your DAC.

I also enter the maximum PCM sample rate supported by my DAC.
SXSW, US
No the examples I added above are something I took from an article on Roon that included a set up module.  When I looked at it I knew that the set up was above my technical capabilities, and hoping to get the Correct set up for these before I start the process this week-end. 

PC will be the core and i will also use my I pad for control.  And yes it has the 64 bit processor required.
                                    GTA, Canada
Once you have installed AIR on the pc, it will show up as an output directly connected to your pc.

You click to enable it and then set it up, it looks a bit different to above on the latest version.

Under the playback tab, Click exclusive mode, set event driven an dsd over DOP.

That should get you going ok.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Thanks Guys!  looks like I have what I need to get up an running. I have long weekend coming up so will be able to get it done.  If I have any issues I will make the questions more specific than this!
                                    GTA, Canada
If you could compare SQ for 16/44 streaming with Qobuz desktop ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -