Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Phantom Gold?
Anybody can report on quality issues they have had with their Phantom golds? Wondering if it makes sense to purchase the 2 yr warranty extention?

Thanks for sharing inadvance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Given that they claim that they can't repair them, who knows? And I think they are taking the p*ss at that price. If you can afford that sort of insurance you can probably afford a pair of Kii THREES, with five years' guarantee and better sound quality thrown in.

For accidental damage, I'd put them on your contents insurance.
I'm quite puzzled by this no repair/ warranty question that appeared recently on the forum. This 2 year extension was not offered by the seller when I bough 2 Sylvers in 2015 and 2 Golds 6 months ago. Its apparition means some problem arose since. If issue risk is high I could have understand a long time warranty option because of no repair. A limited 2 year option suggests that the risk could be high only during the first years. I do hope that this means Phantoms are built to last.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
I read the extended warranty as 3 years after the 2 years warranty.
I wasn't offered the extended warranty when I bought my Phantom.
I found theinformation on their website more than 30 days after purchase.
(16-May-2017, 10:16)Rudolph Wrote: I read the extended warranty as 3 years after the 2 years warranty.
I wasn't offered the extended warranty when I bought my Phantom.
I found theinformation on their website more than 30 days after purchase.

You might want to read more closely! I noticed a post from Devialet it is actually 2 (manditory in EU) + 1 extra year. Sounds crazy to me to charge this amount of money for 1 year extra warranty. I decided to include them in my home inventory insurance. Much cheaper, same coverage ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Phantom's have been said to be built for a solid 10 years of usage before the 'risk' of a fault is higher, but I can't see how much higher, but time will tell.

A repair of Phantom will soon be possible but no date given on the repair centres launch. Units will still need to be sent to Paris, France but they will be repairable.
Devialet Phantom (White)