Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MQA Support?
I just updated a $99 AudioQuest Dragonfly to native MQA support. Enjoying it already quite a bit with my headphones and TIDAL Masters. 

Will we ever see such an update for the Phantoms? Has anybody some insights if this is on the Devialet agenda? What are your thoughts?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Really interesting. Seems that the community is not that upbeat about MQA.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(29-May-2017, 18:07)seb Wrote: Really interesting. Seems that the community is not that upbeat about MQA.

Sony amongst the others seems to be keeping their options open by supporting MQA.
(29-May-2017, 18:07)seb Wrote: Really interesting. Seems that the community is not that upbeat about MQA.

I am interested in MQA, but I do not feel that MQA is interested in 'me', as it where. MQA is talked about a lot, but fails to be present where we early adopters want them to be..  MQA seems unnecessary complicated and difficult to use for many on this forum at least. If that is MQA's or Devialet's fault I do not know... I use room correction so I guess MQA is not for me anyway, despite the fact that Bob Stuart has said MQA should be compatible with convolution.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Sony amongst the others seems to be keeping their options open by supporting MQA.
Of you use Roon you can play MQA Tidal files through the phantoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Jun-2017, 08:22)davidadamson Wrote: Of you use Roon you can play MQA Tidal files through the phantoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tested this? As far as I know Roon does not (yet) do MQA 'unfolding'. Phantoms definitely does not. The 16/44.1 or 48kHz version of MQA can be played anywhere, so yes you can play MQA files from Tidal in Roon, but the result is not the high quality version.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
If you connect a computer direct to Phantoms using Tidal desktop app you can get the "1st" unfold ie 88.2/96 but not the second unfold that MQA DACS will do.
Absolutely! But Roon was mentioned and that does not work presently.
Devialetless!