Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help !
Hi fellas,
My dealer loaned me a companion for the week end to try it out.
I ve managed the config on my dev200, the companion, but having an issue with the link.
After loading the sd card on the companion, after few seconds it shows s1 config message then shutsdown with a click sound, when i push the power button, it shows link status none in orange,digital input none!
On the master it shows dev400!
Ive sent a request to devialet but need response asap, cause i need to return the unit sunday morning!
Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of obvious (sorry!) things to check first:

- are you using the same input (co-ax or XLR) on the companion as the configuration says?

- are you sure the link cable is OK?

Also, are both units running the same version of firmware?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Both units are not running the same firmware
The cable is rca rca given by the dealer!
Should i load fw 10.1.0 on companion?

1. Check that both firmware versions are the same. If not, change them first in the same way as I describe the config changes below.
2. Re-do the configurations from scratch. Save them on your computer in folders named Master and Slave.
3. Delete what's on the SD cards. Take the cards out of your computer and put it back in. Check it's empty.
4. Put the config on the cards.
5. Turn the power to the Dev's off or pull out the plugs.
6. Insert the SD cards.
7. Turn the power to both back on.

Good luck!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-May-2017, 08:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote: 1. Check that both firmware versions are the same. If not, change them first in the same way as I describe the config changes below.
2. Re-do the configurations from scratch. Save them on your computer in folders named Master and Slave.
3. Delete what's on the SD cards. Take the cards out of your computer and put it back in. Check it's empty.
4. Put the config on the cards.
5. Turn the power to the Dev's off or pull out the plugs.
6. Insert the SD cards.
7. Turn the power to both back on.

Good luck!

P.S. I've tried short cuts but not always successfully so just don't take short cuts.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
can you post a screen shot of your config?
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Try this now and get back soon! Really appreciated!
Thks

[Image: 9cc4a7a8ca9c82a15511eb7aaa0bfffe.jpg]

Mine has the little link / trigger cable (both in the config and actually plugged in) but I'm not sure that's really necessary. If you happen to have one, give that a try
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-May-2017, 08:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Mine has the little link / trigger cable (both in the config and actually plugged in) but I'm not sure that's really necessary. If you happen to have one, give that a try

If you are using inputs/outputs on both Master and Companion I believe that there should be a link/trigger cable. It should appear on the Configuration if you select an input/output on the Configurator Companion. I note that you are using a sub out? Click on the Companion link input "digital" and make sure that you are allowing Companion input/outputs.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK