Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help !
I had similar behaviour of the Companion shutting down back in the days when there were a few bugs in the Configurator. So looking at your problem, I suspect it is something to do with the configurations, although I always had this issue when trying to use inputs on the companion, which you are not. Anyway, it is worth redoing the confic cards, double and checking everything per the posts above.

One additional point, I note in your screen shot that you have SAM specified on the companion, but due to how the screen is scrolled you cannot see if it is selected on the Master also. A long shot, but you never know!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thk you guys, very helpful !
The fw update fixed everything! Listening now!
I will post soon impressions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear it's sorted. Happy listening!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-May-2017, 10:25)samsoum Wrote: Thk you guys, very helpful !
The fw update fixed everything! Listening now!
I will post soon impressions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it is now sorted. Have a great listening weekend  Smile
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(19-May-2017, 09:38)brit Wrote:
(19-May-2017, 08:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Mine has the little link / trigger cable (both in the config and actually plugged in) but I'm not sure that's really necessary. If you happen to have one, give that a try

If you are using inputs/outputs on both Master and Companion I believe that there should be a link/trigger cable. It should appear on the Configuration if you select an input/output on the Configurator Companion. I note that you are using a sub out? Click on the Companion link input "digital" and make sure that you are allowing Companion input/outputs.
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU
I took my amps to a HiFi dealer to try out some new speakers.
When I got them home, the Companion said "Link Status:None"
Then followed 24 troubling hours (ok, 8 were sleep and five at work):
I tried fiddling with the digital interlink cable, rebooting, a new RCA cable, bypassing the power conditioner, then refreshing the SD Cards.
THEN the Companion started saying: "DOS Installation failed" NOW what?
After much heartbreak and mucking around, I found that the Companion SD Card had failed! So I tried to "share" a card (re-flashed in-between) - STILL no joy. WTAF? And trying to boot the Master first when playing SD Card tag is oddly difficult...
I then scrounged for a new card (found one in an old kid's camera) and reflashed again- no joy! Still no link!
New Config files, new DOS, nothing worked.
Then I looked closer at this thread: found this bit: Click on the Companion link input "digital"
And now: beautiful sound again! Thankyou so much for this post and these lovely, friendly, informative forums.
You should hear the double bass and cello I'm listening to now!!!!
Thankyou!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Hi folks
I am having similar problems. I tried everything suggested in this thread, but no success. If anyone can suggest a solution, I would appreciate it.

Here is what I sent to Devialet, but no response yet...

Hi

I have just installed a 2nd 220 Pro to make 440pro.  It is not working.

Attached is the configuration.  

Also attached is pics of:

1. Screen showing 440 Master, and showing roon ready

2. Several screens from companion.

I have reinstalled the firmware, tried installing the config files 3 times.  They work but I keep getting Link Status None on the companion.

Also it does not show up as an audio zone in roon.

When used a single 220 pro previously it all worked well.

Please help solve this, it is very frustrating and I have spent about 2 hrs trying to solve it.

Cheers[Image: 05acb1fd50b91276fcafbe1635cfc274.jpg][Image: 47177ccd9a2b4cd8a74d8d4efa4b3dd6.jpg][Image: 96e4d362282748f6b4213991b4070f7d.jpg][Image: 9f457c4a0603c8d28c0aaaca7901feac.jpg][Image: 3b7e502c2f6a32436630eeb9a6c7769f.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
What cable are you using for the link between the master and companion? Do you have a different link cable you could try instead?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Try setting the companion link status on the Configurator FIRST when you program it, before settigtn all the other parameters.
Then, when you have put in all parameters, save to memory then save to one SD card
Then restart from scratch and rebuild Configurator in EXACTLY the same way- save to memory , save to SD card.
For some reason, clicking "back " to go back to the Configurator CHANGES some settings.
Madness, but known madness.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I have Crystal Cable Reference. I will try something else.

Thanks.

I made a rookie mistake ... didn't unzip the firmware files. So they were running 2 different versions. That is now8 fixed.

I changed the cable and now the 2 units are controlled by the master.

The last problem is I still can't see the 440 on roon in audio settings to enable it as roon ready. Any suggestions?