Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noises from volume control and in analog input
Star 
Hi, I am new to this forum, having had my new Devialet for a bit more than 2 months now. While I love the sound of this machine, I have struggled with strange noises the unit produces. With my current configuration I have 5 active inputs: Wifi, Ethernet, Digital coax, Analog coax, Phono coax. All inputs except the Digital coax (which is dead quiet throughout the entire volume range), generate noises somehow induced by turning the volume control from zero to +30 dB (this is without a signal of course). I do understand that digital volume controls may generate noise as they are operated, and are quiet once settled in a position. What makes me wonder is why the volume control is actually dead quiet - even during operation - on the digital coax input only, but NOT on all other inputs. Of course, since this phenomenon occurs in the zero dB to max range only, it is less a practical issue than a concern about something being faulty.

Much more bothersome, both the analog and phono input exhibit a rhythmic crackling noice, which is audible from as low as minus 20 dB and increases with the volume. It seems like an RF induced noise. While this noise is largely drowned out by the white noise of the phono input, it is very much audible during quieter passages at normal listening volumes on the analog input. Extremely annoying!

I have tried various different configurations, removing all signal cables, removing the Hydra AV power conditioner, removing all other consumers in the circuit, even using a different power circuit in my house, without success. Has anyone experienced similar phenomena?

Any help is appreciated!
Marantz NA-11S1, Shunyata Research Cobra Digital, Nordost Frey interconnects, Rega RP7, Dynavector DV-20x2 L, Devialet 200, LessLoss Audio DFPC Signature AC,  Audio Physic Scorpio 25 (SAM), Sennheiser HD650, Shunyata Research Hydra AV, Shunyata Black Mamba HC
Hi

Don't think its anything to worry about, mine does the same sort of a a rustling sound as you move the control (but obviously louder as you turn it up)

The other noises sound like the wireless trying to lock on but thought there was an automatic disabling of the wireless now, certainly on the phono input as the searching for wireless connection is a know issue. I would try disabling the wireless in a test configuration and see if that stops it. As you are using Ethernet it should not affect control options.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Hi, and thanks for your reply. I tried disabling wifi however this did not affect the noise I described in the analog inputs.  I am familiar with the "wifi trying to lock sound" as I struggled with that as well, but this is different.

Regarding the "rustling sound" of the volume control, does your unit produce this in all inputs? What baffles me is that mine is doing that on all inputs, EXCEPT  in the digital (S/PDIF) input.
Marantz NA-11S1, Shunyata Research Cobra Digital, Nordost Frey interconnects, Rega RP7, Dynavector DV-20x2 L, Devialet 200, LessLoss Audio DFPC Signature AC,  Audio Physic Scorpio 25 (SAM), Sennheiser HD650, Shunyata Research Hydra AV, Shunyata Black Mamba HC
(21-Mar-2015, 16:31)Tonmeister Wrote: Hi, and thanks for your reply. I tried disabling wifi however this did not affect the noise I described in the analog inputs.  I am familiar with the "wifi trying to lock sound" as I struggled with that as well, but this is different.

Regarding the "rustling sound" of the volume control, does your unit produce this in all inputs? What baffles me is that mine is doing that on all inputs, EXCEPT  in the digital (S/PDIF) input.

Did you ever solve this problem?
I have a similar issue.
Thanks