Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound issue with Silvers
Hi all,

I'm starting to hear a slowly increasing difference in sound between my 2 Silvers.

It is very good audible when i play something completely mono, the difference in color is so big the sound seems to be stereo.
Mostly coming from the left speaker.

when i swap the mono sound from left to right both seems to be ok, no major differences. Highs are there, lows are there, so nothing really broken.

But it is the clearest with mono spoken vocals, seems to come way more from left than from right.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks,
Geert.
(22-May-2017, 15:59)ghuinink Wrote: Hi all,

I'm starting to hear a slowly increasing difference in sound between my 2 Silvers.

It is very good audible when i play something completely mono, the difference in color is so big the sound seems to be stereo.
Mostly coming from the left speaker.

when i swap the mono sound from left to right both seems to be ok, no major differences. Highs are there, lows are there, so nothing really broken.

But it is the clearest with mono spoken vocals, seems to come way more from left than from right.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks,
Geert.

Have you checked which connection method each Phantom is using? You can see this in the Spark app by going into the devices menu. If one Phantom is PLC (power line), and the other is WiFi, this can happen. It sounds like a time disparity between the two phantoms.
thank you for your quick reaction, i'm not sure how i can see what you point out in Spark.

My connection is Optical in --> left speaker <cat5> Dialog right speaker wireless
I can't see Spark at the moment as I am at work. But it's in the settings menu, then devices, then click left and right one and see what it has for connection type. It is not advisable to have a different connection type for left and right speakers. Are you saying the left speaker is connected via Cat5 and right is wireless?

The 4 connection types are

1) Ethernet (cat5)
2) Wifi 2.4Ghz
3) Wifi 5Ghz
4) PLC (power line)
ok, i made a screenshot from my devices menu, i hope it can tell you anything, because i don't see it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w60ochncm7nump...9.png?dl=0
oh wait, now i see it. both are WIFI 5Ghz connected
(22-May-2017, 17:07)ghuinink Wrote: ok, i made a screenshot from my devices menu,  i hope it can tell you anything, because i don't see it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w60ochncm7nump...9.png?dl=0

Okay. I see PLC (ethernet over power line) for BOTH your phantoms so you should be fine. I still suspect the issue is a timing one between both phantoms. As a test, is it possible for you to temporarily connect both phantoms to the same power strip?
(22-May-2017, 17:54)ghuinink Wrote: oh wait, now i see it.  both are WIFI 5Ghz connected

Now I am confused! In the screenshots you pasted, next to the serial number of the phantoms, it shows PLC ? Where do you see 5GHz?
now it shows 5ghz (after i did a full reset of all 3)
(22-May-2017, 18:12)ghuinink Wrote: now it shows 5ghz (after i did a full reset of all 3)

Interesting. PLC is always the first choice for the Phantoms, then 5GHz, then 2.4GHz.

As a test, can you put the Phantoms AND Dialog all on the same power strip temporarily? This will give best possible connection and if the issue goes away, then it proves it is a connectivity issue and not a fault with one of the phantoms.