Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.12 firmware update
Just updated mine. Looks like there's beta support for UPNP added for dialog.

http://releasenote.dvlt.io
The big one is

Gapless playback for lossless tracks

(note only for lossless)
Finally gapless playback!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Finally, Devialet made it! Gapless playback, track position bar that indicates how much of the track is downloaded, and most importantly I can now finally access all my hires purchases from Qobuz and not only the last 50! It's like Christmas and birthday all together, very happy!
Abumcovers in Tidal look better on the Ipad too!!
Anyone tested the UPNP renderer?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Yes, gapless! Finally.

What is also really great that they managed to include the iOS playback API. Now I can control the playback (stop, start, next, previous, ffw, rew and volume) from the lock-screen.
And the API also allows to control volume with the hardware keys on the iPad or iPhone when Spark is running.
This works great with Spark running on my Mac, serving the music from the local storage and I remotely control the playback with Spark from the iPad.

With the UPNP client (beta) it is time now to look for a good UPNP server. Any suggestions for a responsive solution with big music libraries? Btw. can Roon control UPNP playback?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(23-May-2017, 01:49)trashken Wrote: Anyone tested the UPNP renderer?

Tested it briefly with BubbleUPnP, streaming Tidal HiFi, on my Android phone. It works OK, a bit sluggish when changing songs. Not gapless and with a strange artifact; there's an aggressive auto switching of the source while using UPnP. If the UPnP player is playing, you're not able to switch to another source in Spark. It switches back to UPnP after a few seconds. You'll have to stop the music from the UPnP source/app to change to another source in Spark. 
The cover art, song, artist and album information is available in Spark when using UPnP. The HW buttons on the phone controls the volume, actually there's no need for Spark if one is using UPnP.
My Phantom Voyage
Another nice feature, we're now able to select multiple tracks for deletion in the playlist.
My Phantom Voyage
Abumcovers in Tidal look better on the Ipad too!!