Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New UPNP beta - homeautomation integration possible
1.12 firmware is out and this firmware is supporting "beta" functionality for UPNP Rendering.
This means we can control our lovely phantoms by now also with our smarthome, knx and so on.
A was already able to set the volume by my own software outside Spark.  Heart
i was not able to send music from Musicbee to the Phantom because the Phantoms are not detected in this app,
i can see the speakers appearing as 'livingroom" in network devices within my Windows network environment
BubbleUpnP on Android was able to stream music on the Phantom
I am able to see my phantoms in Jriver Mediacenter and play music.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Ive tried Bubble DS Next on Android and have no luck finding the Phantoms. I'll look into this Bubble Upnp
I am happily using Bubble UPnP, wish it would have been available earlier as I bought an Aries Mini a while ago to not have to leave my laptop on when playing music from my NAS.
Plenty of options now though:

1. Streaming from my NAS and controlling from my Android phone using Bubble UPnP
2. Streaming from my NAS with iPad Mini running Lightning DS
3. Streaming from the NAS with Spark running on the laptop and control from either laptop, android phone or iPad
4. Spotify Connect

I did try both Tidal and Qobuz, but was not overly excited by their software. 90% of what I listen are FLAC files located on the NAS anyway.

Really happy with my pair of Silvers this way (liked them better then the Golds by the way).

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
I'm just waiting the next update brings compatibility with MusicBee player which is my favorite and probably the best music player around.

I also asked Devialet to bring a DLNA client capability to stream from a DLNA servers within Spark.
(27-May-2017, 12:48)sekriT Wrote: I am able to see my phantoms in Jriver Mediacenter and play music.

I'm trying to make the same configuration work with Jriver and 2 phantoms. I can see the phantom in Jriver, but when I try to play music, spark stops and it doesn't work. 
Are there any settings in Jriver that you have adapted? 

Thanks
Is this UPnP thing directly to Phantoms or is it via Dialog or (shudder...Sad )Spark?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
What 1.12 update?
This feature was introduced almost a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(21-Mar-2018, 11:30)kmjy Wrote: What 1.12 update?
This feature was introduced almost a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original post is almost a year old. Thread revived from death.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage