Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not impressed so far...
(25-May-2017, 11:12)dasun Wrote: I have not yet installed the dialog, since I am still waiting for the second speaker to arrive. So far I have just installed the Spark app on my ipad and listen to the radio stations or the playlist on my ipad. I have signed up for the tidal trial, but apparently there is no way of using tidal with the spark app when using only one speaker. Btw, Devialet is advertising a free three-month trial with the purchase, however, I do not find any information on this anywhere (e.g. a coupon code or similar)?

Its clear now. Many Radio streams have quite bad quality and work with compression. Wait until you got your 2nd Phantom and the Dialog. For the Tidal trial write an email to the Devialet support. They will send you the Tidal Trial code which you have to enter during Tidal registration.

Of course - your setup is far away from being ideal but with two Phantoms, Dialog, Tidal in lossless the sound experience should change dramatically to the positive. Just be patient :-) and share your experience with us here...
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
I am not having a go but I do struggle to understand why people buy Phantoms in the expectation that they will work perfectly no matter where they bung them. In keeping with almost any speaker without room correction the placement is as important as the room, furnishing and the type of floor. They also need a high quality source to bring out the best. If you can't place them other than in a corner then the chances of getting optimum performance will always be compromised. Far better to buy something that is designed to work in the environment you have or accept the limitations if you know it will be a temporary issue.
(26-May-2017, 00:14)Rodrat2 Wrote: I am not having a go but I do struggle to understand why people buy Phantoms in the expectation that they will work perfectly no matter where they bung them. In keeping with almost any speaker without room correction the placement is as important as the room, furnishing and the type of floor. They also need a high quality source to bring out the best. If you can't place them other than in a corner then the chances of getting optimum performance will always be compromised. Far better to buy something that is designed to work in the environment you have or accept the limitations if you know it will be a temporary issue.

Unfortunately, that is not correct. I used to have different active speakers (very good ones as well), and the advantage with active one used to be that you are more flexible with the positioning. Other active speakers in the exact same position sounded very good. But at least you could just post your opinion....