Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings for Koetsu Rosewood
Hi All

I have a used Devialet 800 on the way.  Excited about how to go about playing with my new toy.  I have a Clearaudio Innovation wood with Koetsu Rosewood cartridge connected to a 47 Lab 4712 Phono stage.  I am keen to use the phono in the Devialet as that will mean getting rid of another component.  I have just started with turntable and so not so knowledgeable.  Understand that the Koetsu Rosewood is an entry model MC cartridge.  What should the settings for it in Configurator for the Devialet?
Try 400 uv sensitivity and 100 Ohm loading to start with (don't bother with capacitance). If it is a Rosewood from the last 10 years it is likely to have around a 0.4 mv output (400 uv).
If it sounds a bit quiet then increase the sensitivity a bit i.e. 350 to 300 uv - but not too low or you will see clipping (display will flash red).

If it sounds a little bit dull or thick in the bass then change the loading to 140-200 ohm (or higher). Conversely if it is a bit bright then drop the the value below 100 ohms e.g. 70 or lower.

The RAM feature is brilliant for doing this all on the fly.

K
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(26-May-2017, 16:54)KIBM Wrote: Try 400 uv sensitivity and 100 Ohm loading to start with (don't bother with capacitance). If it is a Rosewood from the last 10 years it is likely to have around a 0.4 mv output (400 uv).
If it sounds a bit quiet then increase the sensitivity a bit i.e. 350 to 300 uv - but not too low or you will see clipping (display will flash red).

If it sounds a little bit dull or thick in the bass then change the loading to 140-200 ohm (or higher). Conversely if it is a bit bright then drop the the value below 100 ohms e.g. 70 or lower.

The RAM feature is brilliant for doing this all on the fly.

K

Thanks for the advice!  I will try it.  Will report back if I need the 47 lab phono cube anymore once the D800 arrives.