Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with D250 Pro after the upgrade
I've encountered a problem with the upgraded 250 Pro, right out of the box: the unit won't turn on. The blue indicator goes to 100%, after which the unit shuts down. Installing the latest FW (10.1.0) did not really help. I'm now able to get it started, when I disconnect it from the mains. But when I switch it off and later back on with a short press of the power button, the same problem comes back. I captured the following errors (at different) times:
A8448 right magic wire calib error
A8704 L + R magic wire calib error
Note that I've installed the latest FW twice, thinking it was the root of the problem, and each time it reported a successful install.
If you've ever encountered something similar, or have an idea how to fix this, please let me know.
Needless to say, I've reported the problem to Devialet, but the communication with them takes time, and with the weekend approaching, I don't have high expectations for a quick resolution.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
Sorry to hear about your trouble after the Pro upgrade. I can't help unfortunately as my upgraded 250 has behaved apart from one time where an 'over voltage' was reported after a brief stop in sound. This may be true, but I think it is more likely to be caused by heat as the amp now gets warmer than before the upgrade.

Was it faulty immediately, even before the 10.1 upgrade? Good thing you managed to read the error codes, it really sounds like the amp will have to go back to France. Hope Devialet reacts promptly on this one. Good luck!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(26-May-2017, 19:09)ogs Wrote: Sorry to hear about your trouble after the Pro upgrade. I can't help unfortunately as my upgraded 250 has behaved apart from one time where an 'over voltage' was reported after a brief stop in sound. This may be true, but I think it is more likely to be caused by heat as the amp now gets warmer than before the upgrade.

Was it faulty immediately, even before the 10.1 upgrade? Good thing you managed to read the error codes, it really sounds like the amp will have to go back to France. Hope Devialet reacts promptly on this one. Good luck!

Yes, it was faulty immediately, even before I inserted the memory card with my config file.
An interesting thing is that I can make the problem temporarily go away, if I disconnect the unit from the mains, and then power it back again (or, for that matter, the long power button press, which turns off the menu, also does the trick). Then after a while, the problem is back.
If it has to go back to France, it will. Thank you for the compassion (I need it) Smile
Send it back. Sounds totally wrong. Sadly....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-May-2017, 19:09)ogs Wrote: I can't help unfortunately as my upgraded 250 has behaved apart from one time where an 'over voltage' was reported after a brief stop in sound.

My 220 Pro showed the same error once when it came back from the upgrade. Never had any errors again in the error log.
Answer from support was:

------

Thank you for your message.

This error message means than at some point, your Expert did receive too much or not enough power.
If it happens again, please do not hesitate to let us know.

-------

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hi AlexS,
I had exactly the same error about 4 month after the pro upgrade. It happens during a listening session, gave a loud 'peng' and no music anymore.
I have sent it back to France from where it returns within a single week incl. shipping from Germany. Apperently they swapped the mainboard. No issues since then.
(27-May-2017, 09:43)Vivialet Wrote: Hi AlexS,
I had exactly the same error about 4 month after the pro upgrade. It happens during a listening session, gave a loud 'peng' and no music anymore.
I have sent it back to France from where it returns within a single week incl. shipping from Germany. Apperently they swapped the mainboard. No issues since then.

Thank you, Krisp and Vivialet! This is helpful (in a way). The main difference is that mine shuts off immediately on start up (and not all the time). The sound (when it does start) is actually fine. I also noticed that the problem is more frequent with FW 10.0.5 than with 10.1.0. Anyhow, when I get an answer from Devialet, I'll keep you posted. Thanks to everyone, who've replied.
Just a follow-up for the above issue. Devialet was gracious enough to offer me a brand new replacement unit, without my asking for it. The new unit works fine (expectedly). I've gotten an overvoltage fault once, but that is a different animal altogether.
(28-Jun-2017, 14:50)AlexS Wrote: Just a follow-up for the above issue. Devialet was gracious enough to offer me a brand new replacement unit, without my asking for it. The new unit works fine (expectedly). I've gotten an overvoltage fault once, but that is a different animal altogether.

I'm glad to see you got a good resolution to this one!  How are you finding the Pro with the Blades?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(28-Jun-2017, 14:50)AlexS Wrote: Just a follow-up for the above issue. Devialet was gracious enough to offer me a brand new replacement unit, without my asking for it. The new unit works fine (expectedly). I've gotten an overvoltage fault once, but that is a different animal altogether.

That is very good of Devialet! Now you just have to be patient and wait for the amp to break in...  mine got very hot even if it is placed vertically on the wall. After I'd tightened the four screws on the central part of the bottom cover (just a little, around one turn. These lock the D-amp and squeeze the cooling-pad for better thermal transfer to the copper bottom plate)  and increased the distance between the wall and amp to 20mm temps went down from 62-58-54 to 42-39-46 (DPM off).
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB