Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom - Appletv
I got two silver phantom and I want use them watching movies through my appletv.
But I got a sync problem with the sound. It's not much but enough to be irritating.
(27-May-2017, 08:14)pla Wrote: I got two silver phantom and I want use them watching movies through my appletv.
But I got a sync problem with the sound.  It's not much but enough to be irritating.

If you stream via Airplay the sound and picture should be in sync. If using toslink, Bluetooth etc you'll get a 160 ms sound delay.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(27-May-2017, 11:37)ragwo Wrote:
(27-May-2017, 08:14)pla Wrote: I got two silver phantom and I want use them watching movies through my appletv.
But I got a sync problem with the sound.  It's not much but enough to be irritating.

If you stream via Airplay the sound and picture should be in sync. If using toslink, Bluetooth etc you'll get a 160 ms sound delay.

I'm not using toslink or Bluetooth but I still have a small sound delay. I tried HBO and Netflix but with the same result.
In theory you should not have a delay due to the audio/video syncing of Airplay. Maybe Devialet's implementation is a bit off? Have you tried with another TV?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

All devialet phantoms have a small delay... fine for music, not great for TV but you get used to it.  I don't really notice it anymore