Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ciprian's system
Music 
Well, I finally manage to post about my system with photos, I hope you'll forgive my approximate skills   Blush

Here it is:

Sources: Auralic Aries Femto, Rega RP10/Apheta, Magnat MCD850, NAD C446

Amplifier: Devialet le120

Ls: Tannoy definition DC8 (50% SAM) with ST200 supertweeters

Cabling: Anticables, Cabledyne and Silent Wire

Powerstrip: Einstein the Octopus Ultimate

Tweaks: Acoustic Revive RGC24 grounding (under the devialet's power supply), relatively cheap feets under the amplifier.

Le120-Aries-RP10/Apheta-Magnat MCD850-Tannoy DC8-Cabledyne&Anticables
Really nice looking system

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks pal, it's really modest, though with a few roomacoustic tweaks it sounds nice. Cheers!
Nice simple system

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

A clean, minimalist and yet somehow color-coordinated between the carpet and the speakers! A great looking setup, Cipiran. The supertweeters are a separate product from the speaker? Also, how did you decide on 50% for SAM? Through your personal listening tests, I imagine.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Thanks for your thoughts and appreciation Rocketmannequin! The st200s are indeed separates from the loudspeakers: in the Tannoy range they are listed in the Prestige line but are suited generically for other ls makes as well. As some tests pointed out about the DC8s, they present a certain thickness in the heighs; that's why for some speakers its suited to mount supertweeters on top, they are not only opening the scene, definition, transparency, but as well the base is more consistent, is like a relief phenomena.
The 50% for SAM are in order to control the bass which is otherwise a bit hysterical, overreacting; I tend to understand is rather a room-reflection issue, I'm aware I should invest in good bass-corners to have a better bass-control response. By 100% for ex., the dishes were just dancing in the kitchen, my wife just confounded that with an earthquake Smile.
After the Munich visit, I fancy some Isoacoustics Gaia III for the ls stand. The maker told me it might help a lot to get a more relaxed sound.
(02-Jun-2017, 19:31)ciptip Wrote: Thanks for your thoughts and appreciation Rocketmannequin! The st200s are indeed separates from the loudspeakers: in the Tannoy range they are listed in the Prestige line but are suited generically for other ls makes as well. As some tests pointed out about the DC8s, they present a certain thickness in the heighs; that's why for some speakers its suited to mount supertweeters on top, they are not only opening the scene, definition, transparency, but as well the base is more consistent, is like a relief phenomena.
The 50% for SAM are in order to control the bass which is otherwise a bit hysterical, overreacting; I tend to understand is rather a room-reflection issue, I'm aware I should invest in good bass-corners to have a better bass-control response. By 100% for ex., the dishes were just dancing in the kitchen, my wife just confounded that with an earthquake Smile.

Very interesting Ciprian! I am relatively new to all this, and had not heard of supertweeters before, and will certainly look into it.  I still haven't settled on a SAM level, and as many have suggested, much of the final SQ will depend on reflections and more depending on the size of the apartment.  I wonder if bass traps have a high WAF factor....
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Very good system! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk