Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected on WiFi but no sound
Hi folks. I'm seeking some guidance on a streaming problem I'm having.

Here's my set up:
Expert 120, with latest firmware installed (10.1.0)
iMac running latest version of Sierra (10.12.4), with music in latest version of iTunes (12.6.1.25)
Running latest version of Devialet Air (3.0.4)
WiFi seemingly configured fine
Dev 120 'sees' the network and iMac 'sees' the Dev
I have selected 'always stream to it automatically'
WiFi signal seems ok, reporting -70 dBm
Target device buffer is set to 1000 ms
Devialet Air setting window on my iMac faithfully reports the current volume level on the Dev 120 so they are definitely connected
Mute is 'off'

BUT - no music is played on the Dev when I select 'Devialet AIR' from my list of options in System Preferences/Sound Output

Am I missing something obvious? Dodgy
not sure for the Mac, but in Windows each audio player has it's own audio output settings and ignores the system standard. Which makes sense.
I'm away from home, so I can't check on my iMac, but is there a setting in iIunes itself that affects the sound output routing?

Can you get sound by changing any other setting, say to Devialet Ethernet?

Mute on?

Is there any chance that the speakers are turned off in the configurator? Two silly questions, but with many options there is a greater possibility for silly errors.

Can you connect your router and your D120 with ethernet cable and see if that makes a difference?

(Naples)
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Did you check what is selected in iTunes as your speaker output? Should be "Computer Devialet Air".
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Go to settings, sound, chech devialet air is selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am also having this problem with my brand new 220 Pro. No sound with WiFi selected and seemingly set up properly. It is as if iTunes is not being recognized by the AIR app. 

I noticed on one of Devialet's help pages (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...et-up-AIR-), there is a screenshot that shows that a window is supposed to show what iTunes is currently playing when you open up Devialet AIR app. (see attached screen shot) But I don't see this on my iMac.

Any ideas what could be the culprit? Aside from my ignorance, that is. Huh
(01-Jun-2017, 18:41)blair.athol Wrote: Did you check what is selected in iTunes as your speaker output? Should be "Computer Devialet Air".

Do you mean the output device under the OSX general Sound preferences, or is there actually somewhere in iTunes you can select output device?
(01-Jun-2017, 19:14)laertes Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 18:41)blair.athol Wrote: Did you check what is selected in iTunes as your speaker output? Should be "Computer Devialet Air".

Do you mean the output device under the OSX general Sound preferences, or is there actually somewhere in iTunes you can select output device?

I think it is the general OS X output from the system preferences. 

I believe this is a bug in OS X which sometimes obliged me to explicitly select the virtual sound card. After an OS upgrade or a fresh install of the virtual sound card. 

I have also encountered a same behavior with a USB DAC which makes me believe that this is an OS X issue. A minor since after that one manipulation it is good even after restarts. 
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(01-Jun-2017, 19:14)laertes Wrote:

I mean the output setting in iTunes. On a Mac you will find a small symbol below the menu line. It look like a small black triangle with circles around it and is located right to the volume setting.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(01-Jun-2017, 19:09)laertes Wrote: I am also having this problem with my brand new 220 Pro. No sound with WiFi selected and seemingly set up properly. It is as if iTunes is not being recognized by the AIR app. 

I noticed on one of Devialet's help pages (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...et-up-AIR-), there is a screenshot that shows that a window is supposed to show what iTunes is currently playing when you open up Devialet AIR app. (see attached screen shot) But I don't see this on my iMac.

Any ideas what could be the culprit? Aside from my ignorance, that is. Huh

This is a screenshot of a previous version of Devialet Air. I am sorry but this is gone with version 3.