Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected on WiFi but no sound
Hi,

I did have the same problem with my 130pro: Wifi streaming was not working. From the beginning I suspected my ADSL 'box': Orange France Livebox. I tried to use another wifi by using the shared connection on my mobile: It worked ! This confirmed the issue was on livebox side. After playing with my Livebox settings, the problem has been solved by disabling the WPS 'Wifi Protected Setup' feature.

Regards,
Stephane

iMac -> Audirvana -> AIR -> 130Pro -> Chorus Reference -> Focal 1028 Be
Sad 
(08-Jun-2017, 21:25)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(08-Jun-2017, 19:27)laertes Wrote:
(05-Jun-2017, 17:33)Jean-Marie Wrote: Then the problem is most likely on the Mac side. 
Try going to the general system preferences / Sound and switch the output back and forth between the built in speakers and the Devialet. 
If it does not solve the issue, I would then recommend to reinstall air. And if it is not sufficient to uninstall it entirely, unload the kernel extension and then reinstall it. 

Good luck,
Jean-Marie

Thanks. Pretty sure it is something in the Mac, yes.

What is the best method to uninstall Air completely? And how does one unload the kernel extension?

To unload the kernel extension, you need to open the terminal and type there:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext

you can then delete the corresponding file /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext

and then delete the Air application: Devialet Air in the Applications folder.

When it is done, you can then do a fresh install.

Jean-Marie

Thank you Jean-Marie. Unfortunately, I went through the procedure above to remove the App and related files, restarted the Mac, then did a fresh install, and still no sound over Wifi. Sad

I will continue to follow up with Devialet tech support. (So far they have been less than accessible)
(09-Jun-2017, 07:39)stef74500 Wrote: Hi,

I did have the same problem with my 130pro: Wifi streaming was not working. From the beginning I suspected my ADSL 'box': Orange France Livebox. I tried to use another wifi by using the shared connection on my mobile: It worked ! This confirmed the issue was on livebox side. After playing with my Livebox settings, the problem has been solved by disabling the WPS 'Wifi Protected Setup' feature.

Regards,
Stephane

Hello Stef

I have the same issue and I have a Livebox too 
Could you please tell me where is this fonction, I didn't find it
Could you make a screen shot ?

Thank for your help & support 
(10-Jun-2017, 07:25)bertrandadsl Wrote:
(09-Jun-2017, 07:39)stef74500 Wrote: Hi,

Regards,
Stephane

Hello Stef

I have the same issue and I have a Livebox too 
Could you please tell me where is this fonction, I didn't find it
Could you make a screen shot ?

Thank for your help & support 

Stephane, 

Finaly I found WPS PROTECTED SETUP" in interface of Livebox and now thanks to you everything work well.

A big big thank you