Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected on WiFi but no sound
(01-Jun-2017, 20:32)blair.athol Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 19:14)laertes Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 18:41)blair.athol Wrote: Did you check what is selected in iTunes as your speaker output? Should be "Computer Devialet Air".

Do you mean the output device under the OSX general Sound preferences, or is there actually somewhere in iTunes you can select output device?

I mean the output setting in iTunes. On a Mac you will find a small symbol below the menu line. It look like a small black triangle with circles around it and is located right to the volume setting.

I checked, and yes Devialet AIR is selected as output in iTunes. Still no luck. Thank you for the suggestion and the clarification.

Any other ideas?
(01-Jun-2017, 21:59)laertes Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 20:32)blair.athol Wrote:
(01-Jun-2017, 19:14)laertes Wrote: Do you mean the output device under the OSX general Sound preferences, or is there actually somewhere in iTunes you can select output device?

I mean the output setting in iTunes. On a Mac you will find a small symbol below the menu line. It look like a small black triangle with circles around it and is located right to the volume setting.

I checked, and yes Devialet AIR is selected as output in iTunes. Still no luck. Thank you for the suggestion and the clarification.

Any other ideas?

Well, do you have several Macs running with Air enabled? I f so, you should enable Air only on the one you want to stream your music from. Beside that, you could change from Wifi to Ethernet in the Air settings and then back to Wifi again. This helped at my end. Last but not least, restart the Dev.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(01-Jun-2017, 18:41)blair.athol Wrote: Did you check what is selected in iTunes as your speaker output? Should be "Computer Devialet Air".

Thanks Blair. Yep, it is selected in iTunes and in the general system settings.
When you open air on your Mac, do you see the volume, and does it change when you change it on the physical remote?
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hi,

Since the upgrade of my DEVIALET 200 in 220pro I have the same problem 
Impossible to stream in wifi on the other hand no problem by ethernet
I have tried everything with uncessefully 
I will have to contact technical support
bertrandadslHi,

Since the upgrade of my DEVIALET 200 in 220pro I have the same problem 
Impossible to stream wirh wifi on the other hand no problem by ethernet
I have tried everything with uncessefully 
I will have to contact technical support
(03-Jun-2017, 08:40)Jean-Marie Wrote: When you open air on your Mac, do you see the volume, and does it change when you change it on the physical remote?

Yes. The volume is shown and changes along with the remote. This is what is confusing, as the WiFi connection is clearly being made.
(05-Jun-2017, 12:57)laertes Wrote:
(03-Jun-2017, 08:40)Jean-Marie Wrote: When you open air on your Mac, do you see the volume, and does it change when you change it on the physical remote?

Yes. The volume is shown and changes along with the remote. This is what is confusing, as the WiFi connection is clearly being made.

Then the problem is most likely on the Mac side. 
Try going to the general system preferences / Sound and switch the output back and forth between the built in speakers and the Devialet. 
If it does not solve the issue, I would then recommend to reinstall air. And if it is not sufficient to uninstall it entirely, unload the kernel extension and then reinstall it. 

Good luck,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(05-Jun-2017, 17:33)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(05-Jun-2017, 12:57)laertes Wrote:

Try going to the general system preferences / Sound and switch the output back and forth between the built in speakers and the Devialet. 
If it does not solve the issue, I would then recommend to reinstall air. And if it is not sufficient to uninstall it entirely, unload the kernel extension and then reinstall it. 

Good luck,
Jean-Marie

Thanks. Pretty sure it is something in the Mac, yes.

What is the best method to uninstall Air completely? And how does one unload the kernel extension?
(08-Jun-2017, 19:27)laertes Wrote:
(05-Jun-2017, 17:33)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(05-Jun-2017, 12:57)laertes Wrote: Yes. The volume is shown and changes along with the remote. This is what is confusing, as the WiFi connection is clearly being made.

Good luck,
Jean-Marie

Thanks. Pretty sure it is something in the Mac, yes.

What is the best method to uninstall Air completely? And how does one unload the kernel extension?

To unload the kernel extension, you need to open the terminal and type there:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext

you can then delete the corresponding file /System/Library/Extensions/DevialetAIRAudioDriver.kext

and then delete the Air application: Devialet Air in the Applications folder.

When it is done, you can then do a fresh install.

Jean-Marie
France