Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Agent's system
My humble system.

Adding a martching phasemation Step up Transformer made a postiive imporvement. 

[attachment=2059]

Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Lovely setup.

Could you post some more information on the phasemation?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Wow, your room and system looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

What do you have under your Devialet?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I would not call your system humble, I would call it beautiful looking.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(03-Jun-2017, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Lovely setup.

(03-Jun-2017, 11:39)petrik Wrote: Wow, your room and system looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I have the Phasemation PP-300 MC cartridge.  I was using the built in ADC phono which sounded quite good, but I thought the sound was not quite up there with full analogue phonos.  I also tried the 47 Lab MC phono which I had a hard time matching.  I finally ordered a matching T-300 Step up transformer from Japan and it really opened up the sound, not my LP12 jumps ahead of the full digital setup.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

(03-Jun-2017, 13:03)agentsmith Wrote:

(03-Jun-2017, 11:39)petrik Wrote: Wow, your room and system looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I have the Phasemation PP-300 MC cartridge.  I was using the built in ADC phono which sounded quite good, but I thought the sound was not quite up there with full analogue phonos.  I also tried the 47 Lab MC phono which I had a hard time matching.  I finally ordered a matching T-300 Step up transformer from Japan and it really opened up the sound, not my LP12 jumps ahead of the full digital setup.

Looks great, Agent!  Indeed, is that an acrylic base under your Devialets? I love the dark wood and steel look along with the sheen on the Devialets. If I may, I would just say that the little white lamp looks a little out of place! Will have to check out the transformers.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY

The D400 Pro is chained by a Viard Audio Silver HD S/PDIF cable.

The LP12 is probably 30 years old with ITTOK LVII tonearm, Phasemation PP-300 and a T30 SUP.  Power supply is through a Heed power unit

For Devialet Air, I have Supra CAT7 Ethernet cable connected to a pair of UTP to fiber converters powered by a Terry Pardo power supply.  Music is served by a headless MacMini with SSD running Roon with music stored in a QNAP NAS.

Since Air is still unreliable, I also have a good old Squeezebox Touch running as a dumb Roon player, connected via coax and optionally USB.

For CD which is played once in a blue moon now I have a Cambridge all-in-one Blu-Ray/SACD/CD/DVDA player.

Speakers are a very British Living Voice OBX-R2 with a pair of external crossovers.

Previously I had been a long time Naimee but after that had gone from Naim DAC to Weiss DAC2 to DAC202 and finally to dCS Debussy, all were excellent DACs.  But I had a hard time finding the right amplification that rivalled the Naim.  Amps I tried included Octave, Vitus and Leben.  The Leben came close but still left me wanting.  I took a big jump and went with Devialets and rest was history.

Sorry I misunderstood your question.  It is a pair of thick acrylic slabs.  I had my local shop that makes acrylic signages to cut me a pair.  I was using the Symposium Segue bases but thought they spoiled the elegance of the Devialets.

(03-Jun-2017, 14:16)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(03-Jun-2017, 13:03)agentsmith Wrote:

Looks great, Agent!  Indeed, is that an acrylic base under your Devialets?  I love the dark wood and steel look along with the sheen on the Devialets.  If I may, I would just say that the little white lamp looks a little out of place!  Will have to check out the transformers.
Thanks Rocketman, the acrylic base is a nice and cheap addition.  It's job besides highlighting the Devialets was to raise them a few inches so I can use spade connectors for my speaker cables.

Yes the LED lamp does look out of place, it is there for handling the TT.

Your system looks great, happy listening!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US