Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AirPlay 2
Apple just announced AirPlay 2. I got my whole house setup with Phantom Golds. 

One of the new features is multiroom, and easy access from Music Players right to AirPlay.

I want AirPlay 2 in my house, but I can´t update all my Golds. I hope Devialet can update the Dialog to support AirPlay 2. What do you guys think?
Apple announces Devialet as an early partner for airplay2. I dont think they need to release a new dialog. the system should be powerfull enough.
I dont like airplay 1 very much. hope there will be a lot more benefits instead of just multiroom airplay1.
Its stupid to use a seperate device to stream to "smart" loudspeakers wich have their own internet connection..
look at spotify connect or google cast. thats smart
(05-Jun-2017, 21:30)da2001 Wrote: Apple announces Devialet as an early partner for airplay2. I dont think they need to release a new dialog. the system should be powerfull enough.
I dont like airplay 1 very much. hope there will be a lot more benefits instead of just multiroom airplay1.
Its stupid to use a seperate device to stream to "smart" loudspeakers wich have their own internet connection..
look at spotify connect or google cast. thats smart

I currently have AirPlay throughout my house. It works great. But I lack the ability to say "Play some Jamie XX on the bathroom" or "Play Jamie XX in Living room and Kitchen". Instead I have to select Bathroom or Living Room via the iPhone. 

Now I will be able to have it play in multiply rooms and use siri to dictate what and where I play music. 

In fact with AirPlay 2 and Home, I can now do the following:
As I unlock my front door after 4pm, the blinds will go down, the lights turn to a specific scene, and my living room phantoms will automatically start playing a playlist of say 500 good songs at random. All executed by simply unlocking my front door after 4pm. 

Another example that would work here, when my robo vacuum starts cleaning the floords, my Phantoms can be muted automatically as long as my vacuum is running.

The possibilities are endless with Speaker support in Home, and AirPlay 2.
Can someone test the Phantom or the dialog airplay compatibility with iOS11 ? In order to see if it works with Airplay2.
AirPlay2 may not be as important to Phantom owners with MusicKit API if you use Apple Music. I'm guessing now Apple Music can be integrated into Spark like Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer.
(06-Jun-2017, 14:43)mak972 Wrote: Can someone test the Phantom or the dialog airplay compatibility with iOS11 ? In order to see if it works with Airplay2.

I have IOS 11 here, and I can airplay fine. But I don´t think its AirPlay 2, it´s the old AirPlay.
(06-Jun-2017, 14:52)cloudkicker Wrote: AirPlay2 may not be as important to Phantom owners with MusicKit API if you use Apple Music. I'm guessing now Apple Music can be integrated into Spark like Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer.

Apple music is lossy only isn't it?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Jun-2017, 16:32)ogs Wrote:
(06-Jun-2017, 14:52)cloudkicker Wrote: AirPlay2 may not be as important to Phantom owners with MusicKit API if you use Apple Music. I'm guessing now Apple Music can be integrated into Spark like Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer.

Apple music is lossy only isn't it?

It is lossy, but it uses AAC. The way AAC is encoded, it's supposed to sound better than MP3. http://www.opus-codec.org/comparison/
Devialet will support Airplay 2 in the future.
https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-anno...room-audio
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Jun-2017, 22:12)hydr Wrote: Another example that would work here, when my robo vacuum starts cleaning the floords, my Phantoms can be muted automatically as long as my vacuum is running.

Wouldn't it be smarter to mute the robo vacuum while the Phantom's are playing? Idea Big Grin Cool Tongue
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)