Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
(04-Jun-2017, 13:05)K4680 Wrote: Hi, I have compared my Melco N1Z with N1Z/2 last week. After 3 days test I found no drastic reason to exchange my N1Z against the new model Shy

Were there any discernible differences or where the changes really of a diminishing order? Thanks.
(05-Jun-2017, 09:39)nicoludio Wrote:
(04-Jun-2017, 13:05)K4680 Wrote: Hi, I have compared my Melco N1Z with N1Z/2 last week. After 3 days test I found no drastic reason to exchange my N1Z against the new model Shy

Were there any discernible differences or where the changes really of a diminishing order?  Thanks.

Hi, I run the Melco only as a data store. As a streamer I use the Linn Klimax. Perhaps there are differences, if one via USB from Melco to a DAC goes. For my applications, there were no significant improvements Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks.
MELCO:
N1 3.50 -Visual Guide!

Attached Files
.pdf   V3.50_WHITE_PAPER.pdf (Size: 172.39 KB / Downloads: 85)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Just got a new 130Pro Expert having previously had NAIM (NDS then down 272) but kept my Sopra 2 and Melco N1A.

Is the new OS board then designed to allow via UPnP the Pro line to connect to Melco via Ethernet, so far I can only use USB, and thus also create a control point, hopefully Roon then becomes available?

I ask as I don't want to open £200 on a better USB for the Melco is the new board will allow me to use the ethernet connection, especially the DSM mode which I prefer.

And I don't want to buy a SoTM or similar to create that access point via eth/dac for Roon or others.
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
Thank you, just downloaded the Kazoo app. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity, anyone got the Dela version from Buffalo versus the Melco? I own the Dela, which is the Japanese version of the same player.

(13-Jul-2017, 11:56)harris4crna Wrote: Out of curiosity, anyone got the Dela version from Buffalo versus the Melco? I own the Dela, which is the Japanese version of the same player.

Dela is only available in Japan. Outside Japan we can only buy Melco.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
I understand that Melco is rebadged Dela? The Japanese version is, I believe, more attractively priced.
Tempted to buy one in Japan and then ask local melco dealer to build me a 110v transformer :-D
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E